The sound of a door closing got her attention, her gaze shifting to see a younger male exiting what she assumed to be a patient room. Probably the family member of someone staying here. She walked towards him, but by the time he noticed her & the Oni & began to scream louder than Lydia, it was far too late— Lita had already slit his throat.

"At least take it like a man." She huffed as he choked on the blood spewing from the wound in his neck. "Fucking cry baby."

"Your instructions were to cut, not kill." The nogitsune reminded her, unimpressed. He had become more of the pesky babysitter type, trying to keep her on a leash. Lita would be okay with one interpretation of that, but not the one that was actually going on— she didn't like being told who she could & could not kill. Lita could & would kill whoever the fuck she wanted to.

"I did cut." Lita shrugged. "Necks."

"And that kills people."

"You say that like it's my fault people are so fragile. One little cut & they're dead." Lita commented, tracing her finger across her neck to mimic what she had done to various people. "If you think about it, everything's that fragile, especially this town. All these buildings, all these homes, they might look structurally sound, but if you think about it enough, they're all just glass. Everything in this town is glass. And glass isn't very effective at breaking glass, so it remains.

"Now there's you. Something stronger; a different material that can't be broken. You're the only thing here that isn't glass. You can shatter everything. The Oni, they're like those stupid solid glass balls rich people have in their houses as decorations— you can use them to break thin glass, but as soon as you go for the big guns they're goners. I guess they're pretty strong if you wanna use one to crack a skull, but to make them combust all you have to do is drop 'em. Or, if you're Allison Argent, shoot them with an arrow.

But you, you're not like them. You're something different. You're immortal, you're the opposite of glass, whatever the fuck that is. I was failing science before I was committed. They could drop a fucking atomic bomb on you & the only thing they'd kill is the body you're possessing, because you're incorporeal. Like a ghost. But better." Lita concluded her little speech, the nogitsune not bothering to interrupt her even when she paused to give him the opportunity. "Do you have any opinion on what I just said? Like, at all?"

"Your analogies are strange." The demon commented, now sounding as though he were the bored one. Slowly but surely, he was becoming a grade A pain in the ass. Rest assured, if he wasn't still wearing Stiles' face, Lita probably would've given murder a shot. She likely wouldn't have gotten very far, seeing as how she didn't exactly know how to kill something that was already dead, but it was something to do.

Kill.

Fuck off. Lita rolled her eyes at the voice's demands, shooting a demand of her own back in response to it. She would kill again soon enough. Although she doubted it would be enough to satisfy the insatiable monster in her mind, she didn't mind drenching herself in the blood of her enemies just for the hell of it.

"Go into the school." The nogitsune instructed, his voice calm but assertive. It wasn't a suggestion.

"Why?" Lita raised a brow, not moving from her seat beside him on the stone stairs. The demon stared back at her blankly, having nothing to say about her inability to follow a simple order without question. "Can one of your bitches come with me?"

"There's already two inside."

"You realize there's two behind you, right? There's only three in total." Lita stated matter of factly. "I get that your thought process may be a little rusty after like fifty years imprisonment in a tree stump, but c'mon, this ain't rocket science." She looked back over at him, noticing the way he now looked slightly more homicidal than usual. "Alright, alright, I'm going. One Oni & a sword wielding psychopath will have to do."

Lita stood up, hurrying up the rest of the stairs & off towards the school. It had been awhile since she attended school, even longer than her first & only day at Beacon Hills high school (orientation day— otherwise known as the day in which fifth graders were thrown into the high school & allowed to explore in preparation for the next year) but she still maintained a few fragments of memory regarding the building.

She found her way to the front, or what she assumed to be. It had double doors, and anything with those was almost always a main entrance that led to somewhere important. Lita questioned herself momentarily, but shrugged it off, her sword in hand as she pushed through the doors & walked in like it was her own home. She was half expecting them to be locked, being that it was way after hours— but the doors flew open with ease, allowing her to enter a real life fairytale.

Lita didn't believe what she was seeing at first. She thought her insanity had finally taken complete control of her, and was fucking with her for its own amusement. When she stepped beyond the doors, she wasn't staring at an empty school hallway as she had expected to be, nor was she staring at a bloodstained one. No, she was staring at a fucking Japanese garden. A real life Japanese garden, just like the one she had once seen as a desktop background of a library computer.

And it was snowing.

Lita did not, and would never understand the shit that goes on in Beacon Hills.

Her focus was torn away from the scenery moments later as the sound of metal on metal gained her attention, the girl looking up to see who she could only assume to be Kira Yukimura in the midst of a fight with an Oni. Scott was there too, fighting off another— Stiles was nowhere in sight. Lita smirked at the thought of him potentially being dead, but doubted it after observing Scott for a few more seconds. He wouldn't be fighting like that if he lost his best friend.

Lita's gaze shifted to the side to see the nogitsune, the bandage wrapped bomber jacket rendition, standing beside her, watching the two fight. She couldn't tell much from his expression, being that the majority of it was hidden by disgusting cloth bandages, but he seemed entertained, watching Scott & Kira struggle. Lita was too curious to be entertained. Why hadn't they noticed her?

"Where's Stiles, Scott?" The demon's raspy voice questioned the true alpha.

"Somewhere safe." Scott snapped back, struggling to dodge the Oni's blade & respond with a complete sentence. "Alive."

"Not for long." Lita chuckled. Scott didn't even look towards her, nor did Kira— it was as though neither had heard her. As much as Lita liked a front row seat to Scott & Kira's deaths, she didn't like being ignored.

"I promised Stiles we would kill all of you, together. One by one." The nogitsune responded, his voice cracking on nearly every word. He sounded like he smoked twenty packs of cigarettes per day. Lita wondered if that could be considered a pun, being that his host, Rhys, was burned alive. "I suppose I can start without him. He'll be along eventually."

The nogitsune knew Stiles well. He had been inside his head long enough to know Stiles would never leave Scott, especially at a time like this. Wherever Scott instructed him to hide (undoubtedly at or near the hospital, due to his wounds & worsening condition), he wouldn't remain there for long. Not when he knew Scott was going to do something reckless, like fighting a thousand year old demon. Stiles would find him.

He always did.

UNEDITED.

the next chapter is the last. shit i'm excited. there's gonna be an epilogue & a fun facts + diary of a murderer (basically little notes from me as i write all these off script deaths & shit) bonus chapter afterwards, but holy shit i can't believe i'm actually this close to the end. i have it all planned out in my head, exactly how this is gonna end; i never did know when i started the book. i never planned anything. but this shit, i planned, so i really hope it's a good ending.