16; wreak havoc

The Oni disappeared from the tunnels a few seconds later, following the nogitsune's command

The Oni disappeared from the tunnels a few seconds later, following the nogitsune's command. To Lita's surprise, although black smoke had clouded the room for a moment, when it vanished, Stiles was still standing beside her— he was watching, waiting to see what the psychopath would do next. Lita didn't exactly have a next move planned, but she wasn't a stranger to improvisation.

"Does it hurt, Lydia?" Lita questioned, kneeling down beside the injured girl.

Blood poured from her wound, showing no sign of stopping despite her weak attempts to apply pressure. Lydia was very clearly fading fast, and even if Scott were here now, it was doubtful they'd be able to get help soon enough for her to stand a chance at survival. Lita couldn't really tell if the banshee was in pain anymore; her face had paled, and she was now slumped back against the concrete. The only sign of life was the shaky, faint rise & fall of her chest that would soon cease.

"Aren't you going to scream?" The psychopath grinned, laughing softly as she examined the blade stained with Lydia's blood. It glimmered in the remaining light peeking through the metal gates. "Or do you already know what's going to happen? Are the voices in your head screaming for you? You're going to die down here, Lydia, and there's nothing your friends can do to save you. You're a lost cause."

Lita stared at her, watching Lydia try to turn her head towards the nogitsune but fall weak. Lita watched her for a moment more, quickly taking notice of the way Lydia no longer inhaled & exhaled; she was completely still. She stayed there for a few additional seconds, ensuring the girl wasn't holding her breath in an attempt to get them to leave. But she never moved again. Not even the slightest twitch when Lita scraped the sword along the concrete wall beside her.

"Now what?" Lita questioned the demon as she stood up, her sword in hand. "Where are the Oni?"

"They're getting the party started." He replied with a smirk, turning towards the exit. Lita moved to follow him, but was stopped as he froze in the doorway. "You're staying here."

"Again? Seriously?" The psychopath groaned, sounding like a spoiled child being denied a trip to the toy store. "C'mon, Drac, I have a sword now! If anyone tries to rip my throat out, I can just decapitate them. Don't make me miss another massacre."

"Don't you want to see Stiles' reaction when he finds Lydia? He's here, you know. With Scott."

"What?" Lita's eyes widened, staring at the demon in disbelief. Stiles was here with Scott, yet he was also standing in front of her— the nogitsune had officially exceeded her expectations. For the longest time, Lita didn't think that was possible, being that he could induce hallucinations & teleport with the help of the Oni. Not to mention the fact that he was a thousand years old, and started life as a fox. "How?"

"How doesn't matter. Why?" The demon responded, taking a step closer to her. He had a habit of coming in close when discussing his sinister plans, Lita loved it. "To make them believe they stand a chance at saving everyone, so I can destroy it."