Chapter Seven: French Fry Warfare

The day after I was sick, I was able to go back to school. I walked into the math room and sat down in my normal seat. I started working on the homework sheet as I usually did every morning. Dean came in a minute later and swooped down into his seat. He looked at me with that stupid grin of his.

"Good morning, Kim. Feeling any better?"

I looked up from my paper and rested my chin on my hand, looking at him. "Yeah, a lot better actually." I yawned. "But I didn't get much sleep."

"Really? Why's that?"

 I shrugged. "I couldn't fall asleep." That was a lie. I didn't want to lie to him, but I didn't think it was right to burden him with my stupid dreams.

"That stinks," he said and then paused. "So, I was thinking that after school we could grab some food or something. Sound good?"

"Yeah, that sounds great."

"Seriously? Just 'that sounds great'?"

"What about it?"

"Well, I was expecting to have to try and convince you to come. You know, argue my case a bit. I didn't expect you to just agree." I rolled my eyes and smiled a little, going back to my math work.

By the time math class was over, Dean and I had decided to walk to the Dairy Queen down the road and get some food. I said goodbye to him and walked to science class. When I got there, Alyssa was waiting for me at our table.

"So, give me some info! What's the deal with you and Dean?" she said as soon as I was within ear shot.

"What do you mean? We barely even talk. There's no 'deal' there."

"Well, I heard from Katie who heard from Hannah who heard from Mike that Dean asked you to go to dinner with him tonight."

"Well, Mike who told Hannah who told Katie was wrong. Dean asked me to grab some food with him after school, as friends. There's nothing more going on between Dean and I."

She frowned. "Aw, okay then."

I scoffed. She probably only cared because that would be the latest gossip going around. I can hear them now; a nobody is going out with the hot new guy! Why do they even care? It's not like it seriously affects them. There's no point in being interested with such stupid things.

I made my way to lunch after science. One lunch line later, I headed to my usual table with a plate of French fries and water. The fries aren't the healthiest, but the water balances it out, right? At least, that's my logic. I started munching on them when Dean sat down across from me with his own lunch tray.

"What are you doing here, Winchester? This is the popular table, you can't sit here."

He laughed and took one of my French fries. "Ouch, that one hurt. Does that mean you don't like me?"

"Hey, you have your own fries! Give it!"

He shook his head and popped it into his mouth. "Too late now!"

I leaned up and grabbed one from his plate and ate it. "Now we're even."

He raised an eyebrow at me and smirked, taking a handful of fries from my small mountain. I narrowed my eyes at him. "It's on now, Winchester."

I snatched up a handful of his fries and threw one at him while eating another. He threw one of mine at me and that was it. By the end of lunch, the floor around us was covered in fries. We were laughing like idiots and trying to pick them all up. We gathered most of them up and threw them away. Dean looked at me and smiled faintly.

"You've got a French fry in your hair," he said, plucking it out and smiling at me.

I smiled back and we grabbed our stuff, heading on to history and talking along the way about our project. We got to class and immediately started working on it. Since I had finished up the research last night, we were able to get started drawing the real map. Dean pulled up a picture of Ancient Rome on the computer and I began to sketch out the boarders on the poster paper.

"You're a really good artist, you know that?"

"You think so?"

"Yeah, the outline you just did looks exactly like the picture we pulled up."

"Thanks. I've always wanted to be as good as..." my voice trailed off as I sketched some more.

"As good as?"

"As good as my mom," I finished. My mom had always been my inspiration in drawing. She used to draw all the time. I found some of her drawings in the attic last year and had been drawing almost nonstop ever since.

"I'm sure you will be, if you already aren't," he said, smiling softly at me. I looked up from my drawing and smiled at him.

"Thanks."

We started to pin point the locations we had chosen on the map. They mad a zigzag line down the middle of the outline of Rome.  The bell rang soon after we finished labeling the locations. I said goodbye to Dean and moved on to my last few classes of the day.

When they were all finally over, I bolted outside to the bench I always sit on with Sam. He got there a few seconds later.

"What's up, Sam?"

"Nothing much, what about you?"

"Same here. Just waiting on your brother to get out here."

"Why are you waiting on Dean? Are you two together or something?" He made a face.

I laughed and shook my head. "Nope," I said, popping the 'p'. "We are just going to grab some food, which is a good thing since I didn't have much to eat at lunch."

"Okay, good, cause it would be awkward if you were with Dean."

"I guess I can see that."

Just then, Dean walked out the doors and over to the bench. "Hey, Kim. Hey, Sammy."

"For the last time, Dean, don't call me Sammy!"

Dean just laughed and offered me his hand to get up. "Ready to go?"

I took his hand and stood up. "Yep, let's go."

______________________________________________________________________

A/N:

I really like this chapter, I think it's cute! The next chapter will tell of their adventures at Dairy Queen. Then there will probably be a filler before Kim opens up to Dean even more than she already has. Anywho, hope you liked this chapter!

Until next time!~