"But why should she hate you? Tumne kiya kya hai.. Mera khayal rakhne ke alawa?"

Nandini had somehow missed the hurt , which had subtly crept in his voice. But when he replied a bit too casually "Oh, that, chill! I am used to hatred. 23 years ka experience hai after all. Wo aaj tak Nyonika ne ek hi cheez to kiya hai mere liye, to fill me with so much hatred that I have become immune to it. So.... Amms hating me is not important, what's important is that she shouldn't have said all that crap to chachi and you.", thats when Nandini realized that despite claiming otherwise, he wasn't immune to hatred & especially when it came from her family. She cursed herself for blurting out everything without considering the impact it could have on him. Only she knew the extents he had gone for her. A guy who had no value for any relationship on earth, who didn't know what it is to have family, had saved her brother, had loved her family, had taken the pain to go to Mangalore and convince her granny for HER SAKE. Perhaps he would never accept, but it did matter to him, because somewhere deep down he wanted to be a part of her family, to get the love and concern that his own mother and to an extent his father had deprived him of. If only she had thought all this before speaking.

"Manik, I am sorry...I ...I didn't mean it that way."

"Nandini..Nandini..its ok..You shouldn't say sorry..really. Everyone is entitled to have their opinion, even Amma... ab if she doesn't like me, she doesn't like me. Simple, infact sorry to mujhe hona chahiye, I should be sorry that you and chachi had to hear all that because of me."

"NO ITS NOT OK. She doesn't have the right to hate you...no one has the right to hate you...Manik, tum world ke bestest friend ho, and bestest se bhi better agar kuch hota hai, to waise boyfriend ho, You have the most unpretentious heart in the world, and your eyes, they can never lie. You don't deserve this hatred, not from her, not from anyone else."

"Nandini

"Nandini ....ITS OK maine kaha na...you don't need to do this, you don't need to prove anything to me."

"Manik stop. Isse pehle you ki pretend more that you are ok and unaffected by all this, just stop. Tumhe pete hai, when you stay too long with a person na, to uski qualities bhi slowly tumme aane lagti hain. Tum pehle jaise itna acha pretend nahi kar sakte. Bilkul meri tarah....

I know you are hurt and meri stupidity ki wajah se.....but one thing jo maine pehle bhi bola tha and I am repeating, you are the best...the best of everything... and if I compare with all honesty, you are a much much better person than me. Main bas batein karti hun and you live it...in friendship, in love, in life. Aur koi kuch bhi kahe, don't ever forget this."

"Got it Miss-always-right."

"Abhi meri baat puri nahi hui. I know I was asking you..ki why Amms is doing like this but Mujhe na abhi ek baat yaad aa gayi. Meri ma bolti thi, when someone curses or criticizes you for no fault of yours, it doesn't define you, it defines them. Kehte hain na beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, hatred bhi lies in the eyes of the hater. Jo bhi haiyeh unka problem hai. Humara nahi....aur tumhara to bilkul nahi. Tum to hamare sone munde ho.."