Jordan Parrish

Sleeping on the Night shift

Reader's P.O.V

I sat up with a jolt as a loud smack echoed through the station. Rubbing my head in pain, I looked around to see if anyone had seen, mentally cussing myself for nodding off on the job. I sighed in relief as I don't spot anyone, slowly relaxing my muscles that had tensed up from my sudden movements.

"So (Y/L/N), sleeping on the job?"

Whirling around, my eyes met the green ones of the hot deputy, Jordan Parrish. I felt my cheeks flush pink as it registered to me that he had seen my little slip up. The man I had a crush on had seen me falling asleep on the job. A small groan left my lips as I buried my face in my palms, my cheeks burning even brighter as I felt his hand gently rest on my shoulder, his fingers lightly drawing small patterns.

"Hey don't worry about it. The night shift is a shock to everyone's system first time so I'll forgive you for sleeping."

Looking up at him, I searched his eyes for any element of lying or trickery but I found nothing.

"Thanks Parrish. I owe you one."

"It's nothing. But if you really want to pay me back, getting me a coffee wouldn't hurt."

A light laugh escaped my throat as I turned my seat to face him only to see his face set in a serious expression.

"Oh your serious?"

He nodded slowly before bursting out in laughter, all traces of his serious facade gone. His smile was gorgeous. Rolling my eyes, I stood and started to make my way to the small staff kitchen, leaving a confused Parrish behind me.

"Hey (Y/L/N)! Where you off to?"

"I'm going to make coffee, you got me craving one."

He laughed again and began to walk towards the kitchen to join me as I put the kettle on.

"So (Y/L/N), I've realised I don't actually know a lot about you."

"Well what do you wanna know Parrish? Knowing full well you shall have to answer it too."

Turning to look at him, I saw him leaning against the door frame looking into the kitchen and smiling at me. Rolling my eyes I turned back to the cupboards, searching for the coffee mugs.

"Hmm. Favourite colour?"

"Simple (Y/F/C)."

"Me too. Most embarrassing moment?

"Falling asleep on the job."

A small laugh escaped his throat before quickly ending and his next question coming straight out his mouth.

"Are you single?"

"Are you interested?"

"Maybe."

Smirking to myself, I bent over to search one of the lower cupboards, feeling my bum brush up against something. Quickly dismissing it, I grabbed the two mugs and stood up straight, placing them on the counter, before turning around to look at Parrish again only to come face to face with him.

"Err Parrish? Are you okay?"

He nods, placing his hands on my waist, pulling my body closer to his, purring into my ear.