To Google We Go

-Flashback-

'Augh... my head... it hurts so much...'
I sat up in my bed, feeling something drop off my forehead. I looked down at it and saw that it was a little washcloth that was damp with what felt like a nice cool water.
"Who put this here," I asked myself in a groggy and scratchy voice before attempting to swing my legs over the edge of my bed. I noticed that there wasn't anything blowing in my face which meant that someone turned my fan off in the middle of the night. My door was open rather than closed as I left it and somehow my rings that I had on my fingers weren't there. They were on my fingers when I went to sleep but now they're gone. I wore three silver bands on my pointer, middle, and ring fingers, each with a different design. I wear them every day but they're gone now!
I hoisted myself onto my feet, not yet letting the panic of all the differences in my room sink in. My head was so foggy that I had to sit down immediately after I got up. The thud from when my knees hit the ground was loud but I hadn't meant it to be. It hurt my ears to make loud noises. I groaned before attempting to stand up once more, however I didn't get far up before two large hands came into my view and hooked under arms. I gasped as they lifted me up onto the bed again before looking up at the owner of the large warm hands that hadn't let me go yet.
"You shouldn't get up yet. You're still sick and according to my internal censor your fever is worse than it was two hours ago when I checked," the same man that was on my front porch spoke. His brown eyes were flecked with blue in the hues and I can see that his hair had been dyed a beautiful royal blue on his floof to match his shirt. His glasses were a bit skewed for some reason now rather than being in their neatly placed position they'd been in when I'd found him last night on my doorstep.
"Wait. You're not a figment of my imagination," I asked, trying to figure out if I was dreaming still, "You... who are you?"
The man stayed quiet for a moment before letting me go and stood up straight with his arms across his chest, "My name is Google IRL. My primary objective is to answer questions as quickly as possible and to help with simple tasks. I've been sent to you by your Aunt due to a serious accident. She ordered for me to kept track of you to make sure you are ok and she wants you to keep watch over me. I am now in your care until Mistress Sherry is of appropriate health again. What do you wish for me to address you by?"
He was growling in annoyance as he spoke which made me a little scared of him. But he belonged to Auntie... and of course Auntie Sherry wanted to be called "Mistress".
I've heard of these things before. They're these brand new products that were still be tested at the moment. A Google powered robot. Well, Aunt Sherry does work for Google so I guess it makes sense that she's got one. I would've thought she'd have told me that she had one though.
"Um... you can call me (Y/N). A-and can I call you Google instead to make it a little shorter? It'd be easier to say," I asked, watching Google closely as he processed the information.
"Duly noted. You may call me Google. Now go back to sleep. Your sickness is annoying."
Rude. I still had questions to ask though so I laid down to compromise. He'd probably complain if didn't go along with what he wanted. He already seems like he's in a crabby mood. I don't want to make it worse.
"Were you the one that shut off my fan and took off my rings?"
"Yes."
"Did my Auntie really send you?"
"Yes."
"Are you really one of those Google robots?"
"Yes."
"Can you prove it to me?"
"Later."
"How old are you modeled to be?"
"27. But age is irrelevant to me."
"Wow. I'm only 19."
"Duly noted."
"Where are my rings?"
"Would you stop asking questions and just go to sleep? According to the results I'm bringing up, you need as much sleep as you can get."
"But-"
"No. Sleep. Now," He growled, pulling my blanket over me to lock me in place so that I wouldn't get up. I don't particularly want to stay down but the heavy feeling in my head and the coughing fit that took over my throat made me think otherwise. My throat burned as I coughed and I groaned loudly in between coughs which made Google panic a little bit. He placed a hand on my back over the blanket.
"Quit that. You're going to make your throat and chest worse."
"T-thanks. P-pardon my rude coughing spasm, asshole," I rolled my eyes sarcastically and snapped at him with my scratchy nasally voice. Although, I guess he doesn't understand that I can't just stop coughing on command. I saw him frown and he took his hand away as soon as my coughing calmed down.
'Damn his hand was so warm...' I thought before feeling my eyes shifting closed. I managed to catch the time before they closed completely. 6:23am.
"Good girl. Now go to sleep. I don't want to have to deal with the annoyance of you being worse when you wake up. I'll bring you medicine once you're awake," I hear Google faintly say as I drifted off.
One last thought ran through my mind as I fell back asleep.
'What was he doing during the four hours I was asleep.'

-Flashback end-

And that's why he's in my possession. He helped me get over my cold pretty quick after analyzing several articles on how to care for sick people. Since then he's just kinda become a robotic roommate. I feel guilty controlling him like some pawn so I only ask things of him if they're needed and I can't do them myself.
"Google, I think something's wrong with your software. You've been acting strange since you got here two weeks ago. You'll freeze and stutter and your voice chip malfunctions sometimes. Should I take you in to see a robotics engineer at the google building in town?"
I received an immediate answer to that as soon as he unfroze from his spot in the doorway to the kitchen, "Negative. There is nothing wrong with me and you won't go anywhere near that building, do I make myself clear?"
"Wha- Google are you afraid of-"
"No. There just is no reason to go. Now drop it."
"Google, I demand to know why you won't go to the Google building."
"Miss (Y/N)-"
"No Google. That's an order. And quit calling me 'Miss'! You know it makes me uncomfortable! Just (Y/N), please."
There was silence between us before he sighed and looked away with a frown. He muttered something before passing by me and to sit on the couch long ways. He pulled his legs up onto the couch to bend them in front of himself while crossing his arms in a childish pout. I sighed and sat down in front of him on the couch, crossing my arms as well.
"I couldn't hear you."
"You weren't supposed to."
"But I ordered you to tell me!"
"And I did. I told you but you just couldn't hear."
"That's cheating!"
"All's fair in war and robotics."
"If you don't tell me why then I have no choice but to take you there."
"You and what army?"
"Ok Google," I started threateningly. He put his legs down and glared at me. I heard the tone to know he was listening whether he wanted to or not. He however had one thing to say before I could give him my command.
"Don't you dare, brat."
"Oh I dare, dick. Ok Google, I want you to give me the fastest route to the Google Building in town and then take me there."
Google growled before his programming got the better of him and he instinctively pulled up the directions. I had made sure to articulate my words thoroughly so he had no way to switch my words around or bring up different results.
We may not be the best of friends yet but I do plan to be. I just have to figure out how to get him to see me as an equal and not a child or master. He may be a robot but over the last two weeks he's shown signs of having emotions just like a regular human. It was a bit surprising actually. I had expected him to be cold and lifeless but I was wrong.
Maybe that's another glitch?
Google reached out and grabbed my hand, "Estimated arrival in 20 minutes by car. Do you wish to proceed to the route?"
"Yes I do," I responded, making him growl again in anger that he could be reduced to this. However he should know that I'm only doing this because I'm worried about him.
"Starting route to Google Main Street," he spoke before getting up robotically and dragging me by the hand around the house to find my car keys.