Chapter 5

It's been two days since the accident and Linda is still pretty mad about what happened. In result, I'm grounded for two weeks and can't go on trails during that time. I guess that's fine because I'm mostly going to work with horses in the arena for a while, but it would be nice to take the horses out every so often.

Luckily, a new horse came to the barn last night and Linda wants me to train her. Though I happily accepted, I feel as though it's going to be hard to train her and Meadow. I've got my work cut out for me with Meadow as much as it is. The new horse is a Chestnut mare named Pixie (which I hope to change.)

I run out to the barn and get out Meadow. Today will be the first time with a saddle on her. After grooming her, I put my blue saddle pad on her then the saddle. Meadow stomps the ground after I tighten the cinch. I lead her out to the round pen and let her go. She runs off and starts to buck.

This is nothing I haven't dealt with, so I turn her and let push her on until she calms down. I finally get Meadow going at a nice trot around me. After a while, I have her stop and reverse. She does so without any trouble. So far, so good.

After five minutes, I take her back in and take off the saddle. I'm happy with how she did today. After putting her back in the stall I'm about to go back into the house, until I hear a scream coming from the woods. Uh-oh.

A/N

Heyoooooooooo. I'm sorry for being so inactive. Comment names below for the new mare in this book!

<3 ee ya ma home dizzles.