Chapter 7 - Not a Dream!

It was real, I really did shift. My transformation was a lot quicker this time around compared to my first and was no where near as painful.

I could feel the transformation was compete and I look up to see Dylan wide eyed staring at me. I catch a glimpse of my reflection in a mirror behind him and I'm in awe. The cheetah I see standing in my room is stunning! How could that be me. I see him reach towards me quickly in an attempt to grab me but I dodge out of the way with ease. He begins coming towards me and I back away until I'm pressed against the wall. I look around for an exit and see my open window.

Without a second thought I dash towards it and leap out. It's a two story drop to the ground, usually if I were presented with this kind of situation I would have stood their frozen and never dreamed of leaping from my window but I landed the jump with ease and without hesitation start sprinting away on all fours into the woods surrounding the pack house.

My senses were heightened. I could hear every twig snap and every rustle as small animals bound from my path, I could smell the earthy undertone of the forest that eloped me and I could feel the ground compress under the weight of my paws as I bound through the forest. Everything seemed as if it were going in slow motion, I was taking in every little detail that passed my eye and reacting accordingly. This is incredible!

In what had only seemed like seconds I was already so far from the house that I couldn't see it anymore, wow! That would have taken anyone else a minute at least. I slow down as I ponder my thoughts and try to grasp the fact that this is really happening. It is so surreal and is as if my fantasies have come to life, with a twist of course. I laugh to myself how absurd this feels. How can I be a cheetah?! I mean yes there's wolves but no one has ever heard of a cheetah shifter.

I continue jogging deeper into the forest, a sharp snap of a twig pulls me from my thoughts and makes my ears prick, it sounded like it was in the distance, maybe 500 meters or so away. I glance around wearily and try to figure out what could have caused the noise I sniff the air and catch a strong scent if wolf. My heart skips a beat, they've found me.

I dash further into the pack territory. I remember as a child my father would occasionally take me on his patrol around the pack territory to get me familiar with it's boundaries so that I never strayed too far and didn't end up in the rouge territory that surrounds our land. I could sense that I was getting near the edge, my heart was racing and I was fuelled with adrenaline. I broke from the tree line into a clearing, this was it i'm at the edge, the boundary of our territory. If I go any further than this clearing then I literally will be thrown to the dogs and will no longer be under the packs protection, not that they've ever done much for me.

I round myself and face into the woods with my back to the clearing. I crouch down in a defensive position. My ears are flattened and at that moment I feel like I'm ready for anything. I hear the thunder of running not too far away, that must be the pack hunting me down. I see black fur emerge from the tree line, count 6 wolves and bare my teeth, I let out a frightening hiss but it doesn't phase the wolves. They continue advancing towards me forcing me to shuffle backwards with every advance they make. I could feel it. I was right as the packs boundary. Any step further and I would be outside its confines.

I look up again and this time I only count 5 wolves, where's the sixth? I glance around only to see Dylan in his human form emerge from the tree line in all his naked glory. He walked towards me and says 'now now, it's ok. I wouldn't take a step back if I were you. As soon as you leave this territory you automatically break ties with this pack, even if you are my mate.' He visibility grimaces as he says the last part, clearly disgusted my natures fate. I feel no connection to him nor the pack so I make the leap of faith and take another step back out of the packs territory.

I immediately feel light headed and am overwhelmed with pain, but the strange thing is it doesn't feel like it's mine. I can feel myself begin to go faint and just before I lost consciousness I swear I could hear someone pleading for help.

_________________________________________
Authors note** if you're reading this, thank you so freaking much!!! Lol seriously. I try to upload when I can so sorry if I'm late with uploads but I am going to try and do weekly updates hopefully if I have time. I really hope you're enjoying this and if you like it leave a vote.
Thanks XD