Chapter 5 - Just a dream?

I couldn't believe it, it felt so real, it felt like it was meant to be but to my despair it was only a dream.
I will never shift.
I am a freak.
I am nothing.
The thoughts that raced through my head were poison, they tore me up and tossed me to the "wolves" they were unbearable and made me realize I will never be like them. I mean why would I even believe that such a dream could be real, there are no other type of shifters. Only wolves, rude, egotistical wolves and unfortunately I lived with them.

I sat there for awhile gathering my thoughts and mentally preparing myself to go back to the place I call home. I'm sure I'll get insulted again but that's just life for me.

I began my treck back but my dream kept wizzing around in my head. How could it be fake it felt so real, I felt alive and I was happy. The thought of being different killed me and makes me want to scream but I can't show them my weaknesses. It will just give them even more of a reason to hate me.

I look up and I can see the house appear up ahead. That was quick I think to myself. I purposefully slow my pace so it takes me longer to reach the house but I just can't. I just want to run and never stop. I want the wind to rush past me, I want the rush of freedom I felt in my dream, but that will never happen I'm me and I will never be exciting or different.

Before I know it I'm at the house opening the door. I'm overwhelmed by the stench of dog, which is odd considering I've lived with wolves my entire life and it's never bothered me before. In fact it's actually quite revolting. I crinkle my nose in distaste and continue inside.

Once I make it in I'm overwhelmed with a sweet earthy smell with what seems to be cinnamon, I assume someone must be baking and go to find out what it is, I barely make it into the kitchen before I hear the growls of 'my' pack. I try and slink up the stairs to my room but am caught by Dylan's friend Lachlan who blocks me going up the stairs.

He yells out to Dylan in disgust 'I've found the cat lover!' I cringe and reply asking what he means. Looking down at me he laughs and calls me a pathetic liar because he can smell the stench of cat all over me. Dylan rushes in frenzied, his pupils are yellow and his face is covered in a thin layer of fur. His wolf is in control. I don't want any more trouble so I begin to apologise he says nothing  so glance up him and lock eye contact.

He animalistically growls out 'MATE', I'm in a trance our eyes are locked my mate is Dylan the alphas son... how is this even possible!