letter to me (interlude)

anyway, so right now you're feeling like something might change because you met that one girl. remember you thought that about P? is M different? nigga, you better hope so. I don't know, though. You thinking she different. She's been showing it. The vibe you get from her. When you looked into her eyes after school and told her you wouldn't hurt her; you saw something in those windows to the soul. It wasn't darkness, like when you looked into P's eyes. But nevermind that. time will reveal all..

speaking of time, though. you've been working on the music thing for a hot ass minute. when you met Michael's ass in 7th-grade summer school and started discussing conspiracy theories and shit, (my nigga, it's 3:50 am. why are you writing) and he got you into writing your own shit, along wit your OG telling you that you had a "good rapping voice". so that was like, 2014. it's 2016 now. you've got some people coming up to you that you didn't and don't know in real life dapping you up and telling you that they like your music and that you need to keep pushing. you have people in other states and other countries, across OCEANS, saying to you online that they like your music. (P.S: you still need to hit up that dude from Africa about the beat.. he sounded eager as fuck to work. don't leave the mans hanging.). That first song was trash. Radiant Child, your first tape, was Mos Def trash. But the shit you've been releasing so far is actually good. Keep progressing, and you'll get there. You can't picture yourself up there on stage in front of thousands, and meeting, working with and bypassing your idols. But the law of attraction, Deshawn. You'll get there, Deshawn. Trust, Deshawn. Pray, Deshawn. Work, Deshawn. Consistency, Deshawn. 

Dreams, Deshawn. 

You lost weight, too. You was close to that nigga Jonathan's size back in St. Paul with Jamari and Q. Then you got tired of it and got on the bike for 45 minutes everyday and lost 60 pounds. You're still working on it. You're doing good. 

Sincerely, Me.