S i x

Don't look back 'cause he's looking

Tonight was the campfire, and Calum couldn't stop pacing around inside of his cabin. Thankfully, everyone was out practicing and wouldn't be returning until late hours, but he could never fully be certain. Especially because Michael gets bored easily and likes to barge in whenever he feels like it without knocking. Calum guesses it makes sense, even though it really doesn't. They share a cabin; he should be used to it by now, but he isn't.

The brunette felt as though he was having a crisis. One that could last for years. Basically, he had a lot of clothes to choose from, but none of them were good enough. Not good enough for Michael, anyway. He tried calling Ashton because they're best friends and Ashton always knows what to do in these types of scenarios, but he wasn't picking up. It upset the Maori quite a bit, but he just chose to let it go. He didn't want to create unnecessary drama with the person he trusts the most.

If there was one thing that Calum was positive about, it's that this isn't a date with Michael. He's obviously a second choice and just the remainder of bait in a bucket. If Michaels friends didn't ditch him, he wouldn't have been asked. That's the truth, and it's bitter and it hurts, but whatever. He's trying not to let it bother him. Now for an outfit. He shuffled through his stacks of clothes, and eventually decided on going with a theme of all black. Now was not an affordable time to mis-match, especially when he needs to make a good impression on Michael. Yeah, he cares too much.

The brunette rushed to the public restrooms shared by every male camper on the left side of the camp and hopped into the shower. He needed to smell nice, he needed to look nice, he needed to make Michael want him. So that's exactly what he tried to do. He got out of the shower after taking one that was approximately half an hour long, and unfortunately, he got yelled at for using all of the hot water, but oh well. He slid on his black jeans, his black long, loose shirt that made his figure look nice, black jeans and a black denim jacket that had rolled up sleeves. He was pretty content with this look. 

"Perfect," Calum muttered to himself. He was ready for whatever would happen tonight, and of course he was hoping for something good. He wasn't an idiot, he always wanted the best for himself, even if he knew he'd usually get the complete opposite. Hopefully Michael is different, but maybe he isn't. Who knows.

While Calum waited inside of the dorm for Michael to show up, Ashton was having an incredibly hard time. Literally. He was sitting inside of the cafeteria eating his lunch, which just consisted of green beans, a small portion of spaghetti with alfredo sauce, and a roll of bread. He liked it, he'd take whatever he could get. As long as he was eating something that his digestive system could handle, then he didn't mind it, and that was the honest truth.

Today was going well for him. He scored a lunch date with Ashley, who sat adorably next to him with a fruit punch juice pouch in her hand, and a veggie sandwich in the other. Not only that, but she had on this cute white outfit that matched perfectly -- white crop top, white skirt, white vans, and it showed off her tattoos nicely. It also made her blue hair stand out perfectly. "You won't believe this," Ashley chuckled, and Ashton was really just mesmerized by every detail about her that he could hardly focus on what she was saying. "I was in the music room the other day, and some kid threatened me, saying that if I continued to talk to you, he'd have his best girlfriend beat me up."

"What'd he look like?" Ashton questioned, and Ashley just shrugged as she took another sip from her juice pouch. "Blonde, arrogant, oh, and he had really pretty eyes that were like a baby blue, yeah."