Chapter 9

Kyle's POV***

I look at my phone and see a Nerve update of the rankings. I need to get to the finals against Que so I can lose and she can get her life back.

1st: Que
2nd: Aaron
3rd: Kyle
4th: —out— Sera
5th: —out— Peter

Nerve sends me one more text, "there's only one dare that can get one straight to second place, and you're quite familiar with it." My phone the. Flashing with an imagine of a window washer platform and it says, Hang for 10 seconds. I can make it, for Que!

I turn my phone off and put it away. I start running towards the washers platform above me on the 90th floor of the Magma Hotel. When I get there I sprint up there and climbed out to the platform and held my phone with the one and and held onto the bar with the other. I begin to record and I hold onto the bar and dangle. It sends pain right to my arm, my muscle flexing as I grip to the bar for literally, my life. I count down, "One!" I take a deep breathe in. "Two!" I'm  struggling to breathe as my voice comes out strangled, "Three! Four!" I bite my tongue and force myself to stay strong, "Five! Six! Seven!" I let out a groan of frustration and pain. "Eight!" I keep my mind on Que, and how this all is so she can get out of this game, yet I will be trapped here once again until I win my freedom. "Nine! Ten!" I groan out loud and slump onto the platform. My muscle is killing me. I exit the video and re watch it. At the end it says, you are now in second place. "Yes!" I laugh and crawl back into the hotel. A few moments later I'm back at the alley and I see Que in her red sweatshirt with the hood pull over her head. I rush over to her and give her a hug. My muscle in my right arm, as tense and stiff as ever. "Why are so sweaty?" She whispers. I sigh, "I just hung from a window washer platform bar for ten seconds one handed." I groan and swallow air like there isn't enough of it.