Chapter 8

I walk outside and leave the party, feeling like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders by saying all those things to Sera. It felt good. It felt right.
I glance to a car and see a police officer giving that car a ticket. Maybe if I tell him he can shut down this mess of a game? Maybe. Just Maybe. I'm hesitant at first but, oh well. "Kyle, I've gotta stop this game. It almost killed Sera tonight." I start to back away. "Que, no. You can't!" Kyle begins to shout after me but I'm already to the cop.

"Officer!" I call. He turns around and puts his pen and pad away. "Que. Don't do this," he says calmly. "How do you know my name?" I ask. He doesn't respond he just looks at me. I end up explaining it all. From the signup to now. He bits his lip and sighs, "Que. I can't help you." I shake my head and head back to Kyle. I turn around and see a man in all black he hits me over the head with something making me see blurry and then I cant see at all.

   I blink a few times before my eyes adjust to my surroundings. I'm in a metal box with graffiti on the walls. I'm guessing Nerve made this box with spare scraps they found. The box is huge. I look to a flashing computer screen. It starts to speak, "Hello Que. We control your life. You broke the rules, you pay the price. You are now a part of Nerve."

I get all my momentum up and kick at the wall. I kick at it for the second time and it collapse to the ground. All I see is an alley, and other cells like the box I was just in. I glance to my right and I see Kyle coming to get me. "Que, come here!" Kyle snaps as he grabs my wrist and yanks me behind a wall in the alley. In the distance I can see a shadowy figure running around. "Hey Que! You can't hide! Nerve will find you! We'll find you!" I then realize it's Aaron, a old competitor from Nerve a few years ago. "What happened?" I ask. Kyle looks around before answering. "You're a prisoner of the game. I am too. This happened a few years ago with Aaron, we watched a kid let go of a window washers mat and fall to his death. We have to get to the final rounds of we want our lives back. The only way out is to win."