Out of the Woods

"Talisa." The young woman awoke to another morning of Thorin shaking her shoulder to wake her up. Talia groaned before grudgingly opening her eyes. "Talisa, the guards will be here soon, you need to wake up and put the ring on." Thorin whispered.

The Terran got up reluctantly and rubbed her sleepy eyes. "How much time do I have?" she whispered.

"About half an hour." Thorin told her.

Talia was about to slip the ring onto her finger when she realized something. She gave Thorin a look. "Thorin, have you noticed that you're the only one aside from Gandalf who still calls me Talisa?"

Thorin seemed a little taken aback by her question. "I can't say I have." he coolly replied.

The Terran raised her brows. "Well, you know you can call me Talia. It's what my friends call me." Before Thorin could respond to that, the young woman slipped the ring onto her finger, and vanished from his sight.

Talia was making her way into the cellars. It was as she suspected, the Elves were bringing in the leftover wine from the party last night, which could still be going on now for all Talia knew. "We're running out of drink." she heard an Elf say.

"These empty barrels should have been sent to Esgaroth hours ago. The bargeman will be waiting for them." said another Elf. Alright, her plan was beginning to set. All Talia needed now were the keys to the dungeons.

"Say what you like about our ill-tempered king, but he has excellent taste in wine! Come, Elros, try it!" an Elf exclaimed.

"I have the Dwarves in my charge." said the Elf called Elros, holding up a bunch of keys.

The Elf that was facing him scoffed. "They're locked up! Where can they go?"

Talia smirked as the Elves laughed. Luckily for her, the Elves began drinking big gulps of wine. It didn't take long for them to start acting tipsy. The young woman was then able to grab the keys without the Elves even taking notice that they were missing.

The Terran went down to Thorin's dungeon first. Once he was out, she led him to the others. The Dwarves silently cheered when they saw their leader standing with Talia as she let them all out. While Thorin received pats on the shoulder from everyone, Talia received hugs from the younger Dwarves and Balin.

The Dwarves were about to go up the stairs when Talia stopped them. "No, this way." Talia said, and the company began to follow the young woman down the stairs. The Terran had everyone tiptoeing as they made their way to the bottom of the stairs. Talia could see those two Elves who were drinking sitting at the table, and they were passed out drunk.

"I don't believe it! We're in the cellars!" Kili whisper-yelled. Talia turned her head around to see many of the Dwarves narrowing their eyes at her.

"You were supposed to be leading us out, not further in!" Bofur snapped.

"Will you relax? I know what I'm doing!" Talia retorted, causing Bofur to shush her.

Talia led the Dwarves into a large room that contained numerous empty barrels. She turned around to face the company. "Ok, get in the barrels." she whispered.

"What? Are you mad? They'll find us!" Dwalin hissed.

Talia irritatingly shook her head. "No, they won't, I promise! You have to trust me on this!" she insisted. The Dwarves didn't budge, causing Talia to shrug her shoulders.

"Ok, you know what? Fine. You don't wanna get in the barrels? Go back to your cells then! I'll get out of here by myself! You boys can find a way out on your own!" she threatened. The company looked at each other before looking to their leader. Thorin looked at Talia and slightly narrowed his eyes.