CHAPTER SEVEN

LEA's POV

I sat waiting in the living room for Paul. I was ensured that the divorce papers would be served to him today. I sat uneasily waiting for him to come home,I was at the edge. I had packed my bags from early and had them shipped to Sarah's as I was going to stay there until I found somewhere of my own. Even though it was foreign for a woman of my reputation to be staying on her own,I was determined to not let Sarah and Satin's home be my permanent residence. 
I walked to the kitchen and the helper poured me a glass of orange juice and soon after the door bell rang. She rushed to the door while I drank my orange juice.
A minute later I saw her return with a young woman beside her. I looked at them curiously.

"Mrs. James. This is Ms. Desiree Clark." She looked at me.

"Yes Ms. Clark?" I put down my juice. I took a second look at her when my eyes froze at her belly,she was pregnant. Maybe about three months or so. She looked at me with deep concern and I became nervous. She had a look on her face which indicted that she wanted I speak with me alone.

"would you mind leaving us?" She shook her head and left. "Have a seat Ms. Clark." She sat at the counter and I stood as I was uncomfortable and uncertain about what news this strange woman was about to tell me.

"Mrs. James,I must say your husband has betrayed you," I sat and crossed my legs uncomfortably, she continued. "Your husband and I are having an affair." She stated blatantly. I was angry but yet sympathetic. There was no reason for me to be upset, I knew Paul was a brute and was cold hearted.

"Oh,"

"Mrs. James-" I cut her off.

"Please call me Lea." She nodded. With this news,I didn't want to associate myself with Paul anymore.

"Lea,I'm with child, Paul's child. I'm four months along." She announced . I became uneasy in my seat.

"Would you like a drink of water?" I walked over to the refrigerator. I asked the question because I was uncomfortable and disappointed.

"No." She shook her head.

"So Ms. Clark,what should I do about such situation?" My blood was boiling but not for her,for Paul.

"Paul has denied it."  I didn't expect that he would accept it. I'm not blown away.

"I'm not surprised. You see, I'd advise you to be careful of who you sleep with next time. You should take time out to know who they are. Paul is a monster dressed in a suit and he can and will easily destroy you. Do you really think a man like Paul would take responsibility for this child? He's too caught up in His job, he would be looked down at by his clients and employees."

"Please you're his wife. You must can influence him." Her voice broke.

"Correction. I'm not his wife,I only carry his surname and live in his house but not for long, I'm sorry but I can't do anything to help you." With that said I heard Paul barge in shouting on top of His lungs.

"Where is she Fransisco ? That bitch!" He referred to me.

"I see you've gotten the papers." I smiled as he entered the kitchen.
"What do you think of yourself?" He threw the papers on the table, didn't even noticing that Desiree was sitting next to me. "Six years and you send divorce papers to my office?"

"You had it coming Paul. Don't act surprise." I grabbed my bag.

"You." He pointed to Desiree

"Hi Paul." She said seriously.

"Why are you here?"

"She told me Paul. There's no need to overreact." His face grew red and stiff as he clenched his fist. I gave a smirk and attempted to pass him.

"Where the hell are you going?" He clinched to my arm and I felt a sting of pain shot through it.
"I'm not done talking to you." He added.

"Let go of my hand Paul. We're done here, " I swung my arm from his grip "and if you dare put your hand on me again,it will be the last of you." I looked back at Desiree.
"She's the one you should be concerned about. Moreover,I'm waiting on the papers." I walked out and left the house. I could care less anymore.
Being abusive was bad enough,but cheating and getting someone pregnant was where I drew my line.

********
LUCAS'S POV

I walked passed the secretaries as they sat in the lunch room having lunch. I over heard them talk about Mrs. James and her husband. Mrs. James filed for divorce and wasn't stopping until Paul signed the papers. I couldn't help but to hear them speak of how abusive Paul was to her and how he prevented her from having a social life. It all came to me now why she was so defensive when I asked her if she wanted a lift. I grew angry and I called Paul to my office immediately.

I sat trying to gather the words that I was going to say to Paul but I decided to speaks from my heart when I noticed he walked in.

"Have seat." I ordered him. I walked over to the window with my hands in my pocket. I finally spoke.

"What real man abuses his wife?" I looked at him and he hesitated before he answered.

"None sir."

"Exactly. So I suggest that you're not a real man."

"Excuse me?"

"You're divorced?"

"Yes I am. What does this have to do with the company?"

"A lot," I sat "I'm to get married in the next five weeks,if not,you will take over the company. Truth be told Mr. James,I do not wish for this company to be operated by a sissy."
He stood up and I noticed he was in rage. I couldn't fire Paul, there would be no one to replace him. He was one of the best.

"My personal life doesn't not concern you," He told me. I looked over at him. "And if Lea's wellbeing bothers you so much,why not marry her."

"Don't worry Paul, I intend to." He laughed and I clenched my fist trying not to punch him to the ground.

"We'll see how that goes." He laughed and left.

•••••••••

After speaking with Sarah, she told me that Lea was at the stable at the back of the house. I recognized that she enjoyed being around the horses. I reached the stable and noticed her feeding the horse from her hand. The wind blew her sky blue dress causing me to get glimpse of her legs.

"Beautiful." I referred to her.

"She sure is. Her names is Daisy."
Yes she thought I was talking about the horse
"What are you doing here Mr. Colyns?"

"I came to see you."

"I guess you heard about the divorce. It was bout time." She poured some water into bowl for Daisy.

"What happened?" I looked at her and her smile faded.

"Long story."

"I'm a very good listener." I assured her. I already knew what happened, Paul was abusive but I wanted to hear her side of the story.

"Its along story Mr. Colyns. What is the true reason for your visit?"

I grew nervous. My palms began sweating. Should I do tell that I had less than two months to get married or else her wicked husband would take over the company? Should I tell her that I developed feelings for her the few moments I saw her?

"Mr. Colyns," she called again "why are you here?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
CLIFFHANGER
CLIFFHANGER
CLIFFHANGER
*Dancing*

Thanks for reading guys. What do you thing Lucas will tell Lea. Please comment down below.

COMMENT
VOTE
ENJOY
♥♥♥