CHAPTER FIVE

LUCA'S POV

I sat behind my desk as I nibbled on a pen. Was i wrong to want Mrs. James so much

She would make a fine wife but Paul outran me. He is very lucky to be waking up to such ravishing beauty every morning. I stood up from my chair and walked over to the window with my hands in my pocket. It still bothered me to think about what she said. The only thing I could put my finger on was that he'd hurt her. No,no! I don't think Paul would be so stupid.

whatever it was,I was bound to find out.

"Sir." My thoughts were disturbed. " Mr. Sharp is here to see you." My PA,Daphne announced.  I once had eyes on Daphne to be honest,but I no longer was interested since the moment I laid eyes on Mrs. James. I looked down on my watch,I hadn't realized time passed by so quickly. I wasn't expecting any visits.
"

Please send him in." She nodded and smiled.
I went back and sat behind my table again,closing my laptop, Donald came in and took a seat on the other side of the table.

"It's good to see you," Donald was my family attorney and he knew much about the family business too,he was also my best friend,my only friend to be exact as I was just a target for money. Donald seemed to be a true friend. "Thought you were going to drop by at the house."

"Yes I was,but this couldn't wait," he took a file from his briefcase and placed it on the table,I winced my eyes " read it."

"What is it?"

"Lucas,read it." I opened the document and scanned the first page.

'I,Mr. Julius Colyns,declares that my grandson, Mr. Lucas Colyns will be promoted as head of board of COLYNS PUBLICATION for a period of eighteen months until he has made the decision to wed which will demonstrate assurance that in the case of death,there is soul heir to the company (a son). If this not be the case,he will be deplored and the general manager will take the place of head of board.'

"This is totally stupidity." Donald shrugged. "You expect me to get married in two months?"

"I too am surprised. I wasn't aware of this Lucas."