{ How can you even say that. Nandini is like my daughter, no not like, she is my daughter. I can't even imagine hurting her. Like any other mother, I wish to see her happily settled. But Neel is not the right guy for her. Whatever you are doing is grossly wrong. Even earlier you had certified that Pandit and we all know what he did to our child. You are repeating the same mistake again, with someone who is far worse than Pandit. Are you blind or have you intentionally shut your eyes to the truth?}

Sometimes, people choose to shut their eyes to the truth, because their egos take precedence to everything else. When people get desperate to prove their point, nothing strikes their conscience, not even the fact that they are jeopardizing someone's life. This pandit thing that she was often reminded of, added salt to her injury, and in retaliation she spewed venom. "maaa..." She laughed out loud, sarcasm dripping of her toungue. " In 10 years you couldn't give birth to a child, do you even know what it is to be a mother? Maa hoti to 3 years ago you would not have given in to Nandini's childish demand of accompanying Manik. Maa hoti to 3 saal tak use suffer karte hue dekhne ke baad bhi you wouldn't have let that spoilt brat come close to her. Sach to ye hai ki you are damn greedy. That's why you have given a freeway to that Manik, wo jab chahe aye, jab chahe nandini ke sath khele aur jab chahe disappear ho jay. Chachi ki responcibility to tumse nibhai nahi jati, and you call herself her mother?"

Nandini had not imagined in the worst of her nightmares that one day she would have to stand through this. How could her own grandmother be so ruthless? How could she utter those words to anyone, much less to her beloved aunt who had indeed taken care of her like her own daughter. She couldn't even dare to think how much these words must have hurt her chachi...and all because of that wierdo. He was the one who had complained every single thing to Amms. How else would she have known about Manik's return. But the point was not how or what she knew. The point was how could she, her own granny trust an outsider going against her own family. Chachi open the door and left immediately with a tear stained face. Nandini's heart ached to see how chachi had pressed her palms tightly over her mouth to stifle the incessant sobs.

Nandini decided to stay back and put some much needed sense into Amms stubborn head. "Amms you know nothing about that wierdo. Has he told you that he has a history of molesting women? Has he told you that his mother has been supporting him all through, has he told you that he tried to kill Manik, has he told you that usne chacha ko jhoot moot ka fasaya so that he could blackmail me into marrying him? Kya abhi aap yahi kahogi ki Neel is right and all of us are wrong?"

 Has he told you that he has a history of molesting women? Has he told you that his mother has been supporting him all through, has he told you that he tried to kill Manik, has he told you that usne chacha ko jhoot moot ka fasaya so that he could ...

"This is not you, this is that Manik speaking through you. Uski zabaan bol rahi ho tum. Kal tak Neel Dixit was saving Venkatesh and today suddenly, he became a molester, a liar, a blackmailer? Itne time se tumhe uske saath koi problem nahi tha, you had no complaints against his family, you agreed to get engaged to him and suddenly he becomes a villain, his family becomes a villain? Get one thing straight in your head. I am not Shanno nandini, that you will convince me with your dumb logic. I have seen enough life to know that Manik Malhotra is making a fool of all of you and you are willingly letting him do so."

"Aap iske beech mein Manik ko kyun drag kar rahi hain? Kya aapko mujhpar, apni family pe thora bhi trust nahi hai. Everyone is lying??? Except Neel Dixit??? Why are you doing this to me??"

"How dare you try to reason me Nandini, how dare you even stand here and argue with me like this. Yahi sikhaya hai tumhari chachi ne tumhe? After the death of your parents, it was me who singlehandedly raised you and your brother. Don't ever forget that. Don't forget that I am your grandmother and the head of this family. Meri marzi ke khilaaf yaha ek patta bhi nahi hil sakta."

Nandini realized that it was absolutely futile to talk to Amms. She wasn't going to back out and Nandini alone or even with chachi weren't going to match up to her blind rage. Disgusted, she too began to leave the room when Amms grabbed her hand forcefully. "Kanna, Agar tum yeh soch rahi ho ki ek baar fir se us Manik ko is ghar mein entry dogi, do bohot galat soch rahi ho. Insan ek bar galti karta hai, aur maine mysore mein Manik ko maaf karke wo galti kar di. Iske age wahi hoga jo I want. Shaadi to tumhe Neel se hi karni paregi. Yeh khud bhi dimag mein ghusalo aur apni chachi ko bhi samjha dena."

{Kanna, if you are thinking that you would open the doors to this house to Manik one more time, then you need a reality check. We all make mistakes, and I made mine when I forgave him in Mysore. From here on, there would be no more repetition of the same mistake. Its Neel and only Neel that you will marry. Get that fixed in your head and let your chachi know that as well.}

Nandini didn't even acknowledge her words. She pulled her arm out of Amms grip and dashed out of the room banging the door behind her. Neel's parents, who were sitting in the lobby and perhaps eavesdropping on Nandini, gave her an evil look as she walked passed them. Nandini made a 'Don't give me that shitty look' face at them and went upstairs to check on her chachi.