~Forever Broken~

Demetra P.O.V

He loves her. He chose her, just like mom did. 

Is something so wrong with me that I cannot be loved? Am I not as beautiful as she is?

Or is it because I am damned to a life of darkness?

A life I never chose. 

How can I be blamed for  not showing up at the scene of the moons splitting? 

The scene that changed our lives forever. As soon as we were of age, the first half moon of the year would kill mom. Unless somehow both the force of Serenity and I saved her. 

Serenity used to talk about it all the time. How we would be the first sisters to have their mother saved. The half moon was so powerful that it would drain both of us, to yield the power that she needed to survive. One of us might have even died, to get her through, but Serenity was all for it. 

Of course she would be. 

Of course she loved mom. Mom loved her. Who loved me?

I was ignored by her. Dark forces were always taught to be evil and selfish. 

But I was no darker than Serenity in my own personality. 

I was just as kind, just as sweet, just as forgiving. 

All the while getting mother food. Making sure she was healthy. Caring for Serenity.

Serenity never pitied my sentence. 

"Darkness isn't so bad. You're still my sister." She used to love my company. I still reminisce of those days were we used to share secrets. 

Perfect sisters. 

She thought I shared her love for mom. But she was wrong. 

One night I over heard them talking. Serenity about 10 years old, cuddled up to mother. 

"Sweet child." Mother said. Whispering in to her ear. I longed for mother's compassion. 

She never held me like that. 

"I love you." Serenity said. Mom smiled and brushed her hair. 

"I love you too." She replied. Serenity's eyes were bright and glowing. The deepest blue there was. Mom was mesmorised by them. She thought my green eyes were eyes of  evil. 

"Who do you love more?" Serenity asked smiling. Mother looked at her and didn't even hesitate to answer. 

"You of course." She said effortlessly. As if she had said it many times before. But this was the first time I heard it. Hurt and pain grew in me. I willed myself to walk away from the scene but I was glued behind a cloud, unable to remove my eyes from my mother's face. 

"Why do you love me more?" Serenity asked clearly proud. 

I tried to close off my ears. I knew what she would say. It was not something I wanted to hear. 

"You are more beautiful." She said turning Serenity's face to hers. Mom stared at her, caressed her cheek. "You are sweet and thoughtful." She continued.