letter one

Mom,

Oh, how I miss you. I won't much longer because shortly, I'll be with you once again.

You got taken away too soon, mom. You were supposed to be there my high school years but you passed, and when you went... a part of me went with you. 

I know you won't understand why I'm doing this but I can't go on any longer. 

I remember all the things we would do together; braiding hair, doing each other's makeup - even though I wasn't so good - and watching movies. I remember you always said "remember the little things" I never really understood that until you passed because god, did I miss those little things. Dad tries, and I appreciate it, but he just doesn't know how to do things like you used to.

I remember how you told me "you are a strong and beautiful girl", well, mom, I'm not so strong anymore and I sure as hell don't feel beautiful. You also said "as long as you know who you are, that's all that matters" but what if I don't know who I am? I look in the mirror and see the ghost of someone I used to know. That girl? She seemed to disappear the day you died.

If you were here, maybe I wouldn't be like this. But then again, you're not the ones hurting me daily. 

Mom, it's been almost 6 years without you. I'm 17 in a couple of days; how many people can say they died on their birthday?

With love,
Juliette.

---

[so i just updated this from the original and i like it a lot more! thank you guys for reading this story, it honestly means so much to me!]