Eyes

Eyes

The next day, Before Meliodas left the palace he lived in. He saw his reflection in the mirror, his dark orbs stared back at him.

Those look hideous! Get them out at once and change them!

You'll be better after this.

Meliodas almost fell over, he hated looking at himself. Seeing that those werent his...

Meliodas sighed, and just went out. He left the realm again and went to the surface. He secretly wanted to meet Elizabeth but didnt show it.

He went flying over the forest and saw a girl in the middle of the meadow where he met Elizabeth. She was there, laying on her back looking up at the sky. She waved and Meliodas did the same and landed next to her.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Being bored, Im done doing my duties at the palace and now I'm bored." Meliodas stared at down at her, Elizabeth tilted her head, staring at his eyes.

"Your eyes, they're pitch black." She pointed out, Meliodas chucked. "Yes, Like every other demon."

"No," Elizabeth stared at him intently. "No?"

"They're fake." She stated and silence was suddenly present, Elizabeth quickly realized what she said was wrong. "Oh dear, I'm sorry!"

"It's okay, it's not everyday someone points out small details like that." Meliodas chuckled, Then he...

Sweety, come here.

A scream of pain.

Meliodas blinked a few times, "what's wrong? You just froze." Elizabeth once again pointed out.

"It's nothing." Meliodas hung his head low, his eyes were covered by his hair. He sat down and stared at the ground.

A warm feeling suddenly engulfed him at his side, Elizabeth was hugging him.

"I may not know the reason, but I know when someone needs a hug." she whispered, Meliodas cracked a smile and he held onto Elizabeth's arm that was across his chest. He felt warm tears fall across his cheeks, he held tightly on Elizabeth's arm, as if she was going to disappear in a matter of seconds.

"Don't worry, I'm here." Elizabeth pulled him closer, his head was on the crook of her neck and his arms were on her back, hugging tightly as Elizabeth did the same. She made Meliodas cry on her shoulder because she would tell that the way he reacted at the mention of his eyes, he was mentally affected. It seemed like he never got over the experience.

It took a while until Meliodas stopped, but when he did, he fell asleep. Elizabeth made him sleep on her lap, she casted a spell to make him have a good sleep. But she couldnt help but fall asleep too.

I'll be here, until the war...