- 07 -

CHAPTER SEVEN

After we finished our ice cream bowls, I decided to take Jasper on a small adventure. We decided to ditch Jasper's car by a grocery shop before walking into a pathway.

"So are you taking me to a secret dungeon to kill me or..." he asked while shooting me a suggestive grin.

I gagged. "Oh shut up."

He chuckled, but didn't say anything else as we made our way through the path. On each side we were surrounded by trees.

"I know you're a guy for adventure, but I'm pretty sure you didn't notice this pathway before. A lot of people come here, but at rare times," I stated, "I don't come here like every day, but I do come here when I need to think."

"Think about what?"

I shrugged. "Anything like ideas for a blog post or what I want to paint next."

"Ohhh you have a blog and you paint? Wow we got a creative mind over here," he said playfully.

"Oh shut up!" I laughed as I jogged away from him further down the pathway.

Noticing he wasn't following me, I turned back around to see him staring at the plants and something in his expression told me he was interested.

"What are you looking at?" I asked.

Jasper shrugged. "You like to write, I like to take pictures," he stated. "This place has interesting pieces that I would love to take pictures of."

I raised an eyebrow. "Looks like we are learning a lot about each other today and if you want we could come here again tomorrow. You could bring your camera this time though."

"Oh that would be awesome," he grinned. "So is there more to this place or are we just going to stand here staring at plants and discuss our love for weird things?"

Rolling my eyes I grabbed his arm and pulled him along with me. "There is more to this trail and I suck at keeping surprises, so I'll just say that there is a railway at the end of this pathway."

"Something tells me that you're going to push me into a moving train," he said as we kept walking, "but I'm telling you, I am a good fighter, so if you're going to-"

I smacked his arm. "Shut up Jasper, I'm not going to murder you and even if I was I would never do it in a place where people would pass by."

Jasper poked me in the eye with his finger out of nowhere. "Ah ha! You are trying to kill me."

"You're not that special McCarten," I called out while rubbing my eye. "Was it necessary to stab my eye?"

Rather than replying, the boy whistled. "Damn Harmony, you should've have shown me this place earlier. This is so cool."

Opening my eye, the vision cleared and I was staring at the railway track above us. "I knew you'll love it!" I grinned. "Now follow me." I walked closer to the bridge and found the ladder built into it. It was hidden behind a bush not that greatly.

"Whoa there, what are you planning to do?"

I snorted. "Don't tell me you're scared."

Jasper scoffed. "What? No! Well... maybe..."

Rolling my eyes, I gestured for him to follow me before turning to the steps above me. I quickly climbed the ladder and reached the top where the railway was. It was pretty scary to look down at first, but pretty cool when you get used to it.

"Damn..." Jasper exhaled from beside me.

I turned my head and grinned. "Cool isn't it?"

He nodded with excitement bright on his face. "Of course, like look at this. I can see all the cars passing by and I can see Derek's house over there."

"That's actually Abdul's house, Derek's house is three houses away," I laughed. "Also can you take a couple of pictures of me? I've always wanted to post a cheesy railway picture on my instagram."

Jasper chuckled, "Sure."

I carefully passed him to stand where the sun would hit me.

"Now try to look less scary," he called out. I kicked him in the ankle which earned me another glare. It took him so long just to take couple of shots. "I think these are enough."

"Finally!" I cautiously stood up and grabbed the phone out of his hands. Scrolling through the pictures, there was only 3 of me whereas the other 4 were his selfies. I looked up at his grinning innocent face. "These selfies are going to be used for your birthday gift next year."

I actually expected Jasper to looked mortified, but instead he just snorted before walking back to the ladder. I watched him carefully climb down and land on the ground before looking up at me. I raised an eyebrow at his sudden movement and he shrugged.

Sighing, I climbed down the ladder as well knowing that he would ditch me if I didn't follow after him.

"So, what's next?" Jasper's voice pulled me out of my thought.

I looked over at him confused. "What do you mean?"

He turned his head to face me as we walked through the same pathway we came from. "What are we going to do now? Are we heading home or do you want to go out for dinner or I don't know-"

I smiled, holding onto the laugh that was daring to come out. He was trying so hard to hold in the blush that was spreading across his cheeks. "Well... I would love to go out for dinner, but let me ask a question."

He raised an eyebrow, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "Go on."

"You won't poison me would you?" I teased, pumping my shoulder into his.

Jasper chuckled. "Don't worry, I won't do such thing today, but how about you?"

"Oh I'm nothing like Hayden, so you got nothing to worry about." I grinned as he laughed.

***

"This pizza is delicious," I cried out.

Jasper and I were seated across each other on the ground in his living room. We didn't feel like heading out for dinner, so instead we ordered pizza in which was the best alternative.

Jasper chuckled and out of nowhere he crawled toward me and sat right beside me. "Let's watch a movie, shall we? I choose Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire."

I grinned and nodded. "Why would I disagree?"

He messed up my hair before standing up and walking into his room to find the movie disk. I pushed myself back, so my back would be against the sofa and rested my head on the soft seat as I waited for Jasper to come back. 

--

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this cute chapter! There's so much going on with Jasper and Harmony and I know it's just the 7th chapter, but don't worry, I'm trying to take things slowly as well. Let me know what you think?

Love you guys,

Sage