-04-

CHAPTER FOUR

"So tell me about these new neighbours," Hayden blurted out as we sat down in the food court at the Pacific Mall.

Today was the last day before school started and I was nervous. I had no idea what my future will be like and I knew that the moment school starts tomorrow I will be stressed for no reason.

"They're twins, Jasper and Genevieve McCarten. They're in our grade and will be starting classes with us tomorrow. They're super sweet and I'm pretty sure you'll love them. Genevieve is so talented with her art and she wanted me to teach her how to knit, so that'll be fun I think."

"How about Jasper? How's he?"

"Jasper's also nice," I replied, thinking back to the night on my roof. "He's a sporty guy, but also loves books which is amazing. One day you should check out his bookshelf because he has a lot of books you'll love."

Hayden's eyes brightened and she grinned. "I like this kid, better than those other losers," she referred to Dean and his gang.

"Your boyfriend is a loser too, then," I laughed.

"Shut up and let me finish my food."

It took us 10 minutes to finish out lunch before we threw our trash away and headed to the clothing stores. I wanted to get at least 2 pairs of jeans and some nice tops for back to school. I was mainly looking tops for fall and winter since summer was going to end soon.

We passed a bunch of stores until I saw Urban Planet and without arguing we walked in. We smiled at the girl behind the cash register before heading over to the tops section. My eyes wandered around until they landed on a maroon crop t-shirt with a mock neck.

"How do you think this will look on me?" I asked Hayden, gesturing toward the top.

Hayden looked back and forth between the top and me. After a minute she grinned. "It'll look so nice tucked in black jeans. You should get that!"

"What else should I get?" I asked her as I scanned around the tops. I also had grabbed a knit wrap that I could throw over myself and I wanted one more top.

Hayden looked around and when she found something she started to walk. I followed her to the back of the shop to where she grabbed a grey coloured ribbed knit top. I smiled as I took it from her after checking the size which was medium.

I placed the top in front of my body and looked at Hayden who gave a thumbs up. I was too lazy to try it on so this was the way I rolled.

"Well, looks like I'm done my shopping!" I grinned.

Hayden nodded. "Same here! If I want anything else I'll come back after I get next week's pay check. I have work right after school tomorrow which is okay with me since it's half day tomorrow. It's not like they're gonna give us homework right away."

I laughed as we walked toward the cashier. "Do you remember Mrs. Minur? I swear everyone hated that woman. She gave the kids one full sheet of notes and gave them a pop quiz that counted for their marks the next day."

Hayden made a disgusted face. "I'm so glad I don't have her this semester and if I do next semester I will kill whoever put me in her class for sure."

"She loves you," I chuckled.

I decided to get jeans in two weeks since it's gonna be hot for at least one more week so I'll be wearing shorts and if anything I'll wear my old jeans.

I waited patiently for Hayden to pay for her items before we headed out the store. We decided to end the day as it was since I had to be back before my dad came back from work. It was just 6 p.m. and his work ended late, but knowing that man he would come early.

Hayden dropped me at my house before speeding off to go meet up with Abdul. My heart ached for the love between them, but knowing me I'll probably scare away any guy who tried to love me. 

***

A/N: Ah, I'm sorry for such a boring filler chapter! I hated writing it as much as you reading it.

Leave a comment on your favourite places to shop and maybe leave a vote as well :)

Love you guys,

Sage