Chapter 14

I found them both on the roof, lying down, staring at the sky. They were both silent, but Ed was smiling. So I assumed everything had been cleared up.

Ed turned his head when he heard me, then patted the ground beside he and Al.

They both moved slightly as I threw myself down between them.

We formed an odd triangle of sorts, and as I watched the fluffy white clouds float across the sky, I broached carefully, "So.... Winry told me that you two had a bit of a disagreement."

Ed sighed, shooting me a grin, "Na. Al was just being an idiot. We're good now."

Al gave a half hearted, "Hey!" But didn't argue further.

I smiled at the sky, "Good. I'd hate to have to knock some sense into you guys."

"Winry already did that." Al said ruefully.

I laughed, "She is a bit of a fireball, isn't she?"

Ed snickered, "Fireball doesn't even begin to cover it."

Before we could continue to talk about Winry, though I desperately wanted to know what Ed had done to make Hughes think he was trying to seduce Winry, Al asked, "How are you by the way? They wouldn't let me see you, family only, and brother only recently woke up. Hughes didn't tell me anything before we came up here."

"Yeah, you don't sound that good." Ed added thoughtfully.

I snorted, "You don't look like you feel that good, Ed." He gave a sound of protest, but I continued, "I think I'll be okay. My throat hurts, and so do my ribs, but overall I think I'll be alright."

Ed tilted his head, "Did you know who those people were? The ones that attacked us?"

I sighed, ".....Yes. Remember when I told you how I was forced to perform the taboo?"

Both of them nodded, and I paused before continuing. Alphonse's metal hand rose, then fell beside mine, offering silent encouragement. "Well, the people who attacked us were Envy and Lust. The same ones who forced me to do that taboo."

When neither Ed nor Al responded, I sighed, about to tell them that I was fine, that they should just forget about it.

Instead, Ed beat me to talking by growling, "We're gonna get those bastards back. I promise. We will."

I smirked, "What, are you just going to add that to your already busy schedule?"

Ed nodded, "Yep. Right next to getting our bodies back. They deserve an ass kicking if they think they can just get away with that."

I snickered, "Okay. Whatever you say, Ed. But we'll have to get stronger. They beat us easily, and they weren't even trying to kill us."

Ed was silent for a bit, before nodding, "Yeah. Let's get stronger! Together!"

He held his fist up, and Al tapped his metal one gently to Ed's. With a smile, I added mine.

Then Ed winced in pain and his arm faltered, "Maybe, moving around wasn't such a good idea." He muttered, letting his arm fall to curl over his stomach.

I rolled my eyes as Al said, "I told you! You and Reyna better get back inside." The gentle soul instructed, standing up.

I groaned, closing my eyes, "But it's so nice, not having to run around, just being able to stare at the clouds."

When I opened my eyes, Alphonse was staring at me, and so was Ed. He was sitting up, staring at me with slight surprise.

Unused to the attention, I fought back a blush and asked, "What? Do I have something on my face?"

Ed shook his head, allowed a small smile to grow on his face. Al was the one who responded though, "We just didn't think you'd be the type of person to like watching the clouds."

I fought back an embarrassed sound and sat up, looking away from them. "Well, it was one of the few ways I could calm myself down after..... that happened...... Even if I couldn't feel the chill of the breeze, or the sun on my face, I could still see the clouds moving across the sky. And I could imagine what it'd be like, to fly above all my worries. I haven't really done that since I was 8 though. Got too old to have my head in the clouds, or so said my elders." Well, more like people who worked with Roy. Not his team, and not Roy, but they still taunted me because I was the younger Mustang.

I stood up as Ed clamored to his feet.

Then his hand clapped my shoulder, and Al's covered the other shoulder. Ed stepped up beside me and looked up at the sky, "Someday, we'll take you back to where we grew up. The clouds there are pretty this time of year. Then we'll go cloud watching." He promised me.

"And star gazing!" Alphonse helpfully piped up. "You could always see the stars back at home!"

I smiled, "You guys sure are making me a lot of promises. But, I'll hold you to that. I'd love to see the place that put up with you two for so many years."

Ed gave me a wry smile, then tried to step forward.

He staggered, and I lunged forward to catch him. I managed to catch him, but I wasn't able to support him since my ribs cried out in pain. I vaguely remembered Hughes telling me not to jostle them too much before Alphonse grabbed both of us by our shirts and stopped us from falling.

"Brother! Reyna! Careful! Both of you are injured! Come on." Al chided, and he pulled both of us to either side of him. Then he gently pulled us along, not taking any protests we were spouting, and before we got to the stairwell, Ed shot me a smile.

I gave him one back, and mentally promised both of them that I would stay beside them and held them throughout this whole thing. Even if it killed me, they would get what was taken from them back. I didn't care about myself. Just as long as Al got his body back, and Ed got his peace of mind back. I'd be fine never knowing what the breeze felt like again, or the warm sun on a fall day. I'd be fine, never regaining what I had lost, just as long as they got theirs back.