Chapter 12

I struggled in Envy's hold, trying to work up enough brain power to try and zap him again.

He chuckled cruely and tightened his hand, cutting off even more air and bruising my throat. "Aw, look at that." He sneered, "Little Mustang's trying to bite. So cute."

Lust ran her fingers through my hair, tugging on it slightly, before sending a grin to Envy. "Envy, darling, don't kill her. Remember, she can't die yet."

Envy gave a dramatic sigh, before dropping me to the ground while saying, "Fine, fine. I get it. But that doesn't mean we can't hurt her."

I gasped for air, my bruised throat screaming in pain. But before I could recover, Envy's foot slammed into my ribcage. I felt a few ribs crack and crumpled to the ground, heaving.

Envy crouched in front of me, grabbing a handful of my hair and roughly jerking my head up, "Pathetic. I remember you having a lot more kick when you were younger. Don't tell me you've lost that fire." He sneered at me.

In response, I spat at him.

He jerked back, angrily throwing me away from him while he wiped his face off.

I staggered into a upright position, leaning against the wall and glaring at both of them. My thoughts raced. What were they doing here? Why aren't they allowed to kill me?

Lust just laughed at Envy, then turned her seductive glance to me. She stepped forward towards me, then bent down. She patted my cheek condescendingly, and I jerked away from her with disgust, before sending an icy shockwave towards them. It threw them off for a moment, and that was all I needed.

I lurched upwards and took off at a run towards where I knew Ed had been.

I heard both of them shout in outrage as I rushed away, and I could hear them following me.

They were fast, so I had to get to Ed quickly. I had to get him out of here. It didn't matter anymore. Nothing in this damn place made sense anyway. We could come back or something! We just needed to get out and away!

I skidded around a corner, my instincts screaming at me, so I dropped to the floor as some sort of knife like weapon hit the wall behind where I had been.

I lurched upwards again, throwing an earthquake behind me, and heard one of them hit the wall.

I flung myself around a corner, only to run straight into Envy's waiting arms.

He caged me in, pinning me to his body and lifting me off the ground.

"Ha! Take that you little brat!" He cheered.

Lust breezed past us both, going into the room that was only steps away from where I was.

I heard her do something, say something, then Envy walked into the room behind her, still trapping me against him.

I knew who was in that room, so I struggled harder as Edward came into view.

He looked up at us in surprise as the body of 48 ran around, shouting, "Brother!" Over and over again.

Wait. There was two of them?

Ed looked at us and snarled, "Who are you?! Let her go!"

Envy chuckled, dropping me only to catch me around the neck again, suspending me in midair and choking off my air supply.

"What? This little brat? Huh, would you look at that. Little pipsqueak not only found this place, but he also found himself a little friend! How cute!" Envy chortled.

Lust just gave Ed a look before drawling, "Such a troublesome pair you make. How did you manage to find this place?"

The suit of armor hadn't shut up, so Lust had started to stab him with the suit's own sword.

Envy just sighed, "Shut up you pathetic idiot!" He shouted at it as it cried for its brother, "You almost killed an important sacrifice. You hear me?! You could have messed up the entire plan! What would we have done then, huh!?" I choked painfully, and with another sigh, Envy loosened his grip slightly, allowing me room to breath.

Ed snarled at him, "I said let her go! Tell me who the hell you people are! What do you mean 'sacrifice'? What plan?!" I was wondering that as well.

Envy laughed, "Oh! The pipsqueak is raring to go! I think I made it angry!"

I tried to kick at him weakly, but he just squeezed his hand threateningly.

"Don't call me pipsqueak! And let her go!" Ed shouted.

Envy gave a dramatic sigh as Ed started running forward, injured but ready to fight, "Then what you prefer to be called? Eh, pipsqueak?"

Envy effortlessly dodged Ed's attack, swinging me around in front of him and throwing an arm over my hips, pulling me against his body. He put his face beside mine, tilting my head and grinning against my neck.

"Careful pipsqueak. Attacking can get someone hurt you know." Envy sang mockingly, his breath tickling my ear.

Edward seemed to get angrier, "This is a fight that you started! So unless you're too big of a coward, drop her and fight me!"

Envy just laughed, continuing to dodge Ed's attacks, "Oh, I don't think I will. She's quite pretty, don't you think?"

Ed swung again in rage, trying to avoid hitting me, but Envy just held up an arm and Ed's automail hit it, shattering on impact.

"Technical difficulties." Lust purred.

Envy grinned against my neck, "Lucky me!"

Then Envy tossed me to Lust, who caught me effortlessly, and since I was still reeling from the sudden rush of oxygen, I couldn't do much more than slump into Lust's arms.

Envy sucker punched Ed in the stomach, and he groaned before falling to the ground.

Envy and Lust both stared at us, and my vision was starting to turn black around the edges. But I heard Lust purr to both of us, "Listen, both of you. Don't forget this. Always remember that we let you live."

Then my vision failed me, and I saw no more.