Chapter 5

When we got to the Roy's office he didn't seem too surprised about me being with the Elric's. He just entwined his fingers and leaned his head on them, "Well, seems as though you met Fullmetal. I assume you exchanged stories about the taboo?" Before I could answer Edward scowled and said, "Yeah, so what?" Roy looked at me steadily, "Well, it is ironic that you met up with them. Do you remember when I told you I had news for you?" I nodded, holding his gaze, "Well, I was going to suggest that you stick around Fullmetal. He's researching for something to get their bodies back, they travel around searching for it, so, since you want to travel and to restore your senses, you could go with them."

Both mine and Ed's mouths fell open and Alphonse stuttered, "We..... We were going...... to ask.... That." Roy chuckled, "Well, it's a settled then. Just try not to kill my sister Fullmetal, am I clear?" He nodded numbly and Roy stood up, "Also, if you really need to, use your Alchemy. But only in times of distress, that's a direct order. Understood?" I smirked at him, "I thought you didn't want me to be a State Alchemist, therefore I don't have to listen to a word you say." He rolled his eyes and sat down again, "Are you so sure you won't be a State Alchemist? As a commanding officer I could appoint you one right now, we have Fullmetal as a fellow Alchemist, Alphonse as a witness, and myself as the judge." There was a hidden message in his words, and they all had an edge. It became clearer when he said 'Alchemy'. Oh no.

He looked down, a grimace on his face, "You're already supposed to take the test, apparently that little stunt you pulled earlier today was witnessed by a few people. I was ordered by the Fuhrer to send you to the testing chambers, since you seem to be so adept at it." My mouth fell open wider, "So, I'm your commanding officer, just like with Fullmetal. You're a State Alchemist, congrats. Don't get yourself killed." He was mad. I knew it. He HAD to be mad. He didn't want me to be a State Alchemist. "Report to the test chambers, just to make sure your adequate. Don't screw up." He turned back to his papers, I took that as my sign to leave and walked briskly out the door. I knew where the test chambers were, I knew how to get there.

I heard Alphonse and Ed running behind me and Edward asked, "What was THAT about?" I looked down, still walking fast, "He never wanted me to be a State Alchemist. Never. And it's already scheduled, it's already planned out. All because I messed up." Ed walked beside me and grabbed my arm, forcing me to look at him, "What do you want to do?" I looked down and muttered, "I want to be a State Alchemist." He nodded, "Then that's what you're going to do. Colonel Mustang can't do a damn thing about what you want to do, come on."

We walked to the test chambers together, but they had to stay behind when I walked in. "We'll see you back at the hotel! We've got to go to the Library!" Edward called to me, I waved to him and walked inside. The people who ushered me in said I was late, so instead of being in order, I was the last to be tested. And I just made it on time. They ushered me inside and I walked to the center of the room, people stared at me from all angles. I fidgeted.

The 'judge' I suppose you could call him, asked me, "Are you Reyna Mustang?" I nodded, "Yes sir." He narrowed his eyes at me, before he could say anything I heard a very calm and collected voice ask, "You are Colonel Roy Mustang's sister aren't you?" I turned to see who had spoken to see Fuhrer King Bradley. I fought my surprise and nodded, not breaking his steady gaze, "Yes sir, Colonel Mustang is my older brother. The Flame Alchemist." He nodded, "Then this should be interesting, I'm told your Alchemy is like Fullmetal's. Is that correct?" I counted to five before nodding, "It is sir."

A gasp echoed through the room and I scowled, the Fuhrer smiled at me fatherly and said, "Show us then, you will not need anything to draw the circle if it's true." I ground my teeth together, stop, Roy would stay calm, level headed. Actually, you know what? I'm not Roy, I'm Reyna Mustang, I'm going to drop this whole 'Level headed' crap. I'm going to be myself, not Roy, not anymore. So I snarled, "You think I'd lie about that?" He just stared me down, giving me a silent challenge. I clapped my hands together and then snapped my fingers, an earthquake shook the room. I snapped my fingers again and the wind picked up, circling before I added water to the mix. The mini Hurricane blew across the room, picking up various things and getting people wet.