Prologue~ Memories

Prologue~ Memories:

Jace's eyes widened and his dark pupils enlarged.

"No, no that can't be true," he stomped his foot onto the grass and pieces of it scratched against his exposed skin.

"I'm sorry Jace but I know what I saw and what I saw was nasty," Cody stuck his tongue out, his nose scrunching up and his bright blue eyes slanted in disgust.

Jace's eyes stared into the grass, his usually smirking face brought into a sullen expression.

He brought his face back from the staring position and into Cody.

Cody's lips were slightly parted and his head tilted to the side in the slightest.

"I need to speak to her. I'll see you later dude," Jace blinked his eyes feeling a wetness well up and he wished that instead of him asking his best friend to go pick up his girlfriend that he had just gone himself.

"Later," Cody waved and Jace turned around his heart thumping inside his chest rapidly and a droplet of sweat dripped from his forehead and onto his quivering lip.

I can do this he thought to himself.

He breathed in a deep breath and let it out, shuffling towards Sarah, his head lowered to stare at the pebbled ground.

Lifting his head up Jace let his eyes wander over the school ground.

He could see about six different groups sitting in small circles while other were lined up in a rugged line to buy something from the canteen.

A small blonde girl was shaking her two gold coins in her small hand making tinkering noises.

Jace averted his gaze from the little girl and sniffed, his chest puffing upwards.

How could she do this to me?

Didn't our seven months together mean anything at all, Jace thought to himself.

Jace snorted at the though and brought his eyes over to the wall that had a square, blue sign with an A written on it in white.

As he stared at the wall sadly he heard the shrill squeal of a girl and two skinny arms wrapped securely around his waist.

He blinked his eyes rapidly and turned his head to see the smiling face of his girlfriend gazing up at his waves of brown hair that fell over his forehead.

Her hair was tied up neatly with a mess of curls hanging from the ponytail and her brown eyes had a glint of happiness.

How could she be happy to see me after what she'd done?

Jace thought to himself and blinked the mask of tears away from the edges of his eyes.

Her thin lips suddenly turned Into a frown and her forehead scrunched up causing lines of wrinkles to form.

"What's wrong?" she asked drawing near circles into his back and he let out a strangled moan of pleasure.

He turned his head over to the left leaving only the side view of his clear, pale skin and waves of his brown hair clinging onto the side of his head.

"We're done," he whispered his thick lips pulling into a frown.

"What? Babe you need to speak louder," Sarah spoke and Jace turned his head back towards her gaze and her brown eyes narrowed and her thin eyebrow raised.

This is it, he thought.

No more relationship with this beautiful girl.

"We're done, Sarah, we're done!" he cried, a tear sliding down his pale cheek.

(Re-written)