sc | day 0

oikawa wasn't addicted to his phone, he just enjoyed catching up. and catching up meant spending an hour scrolling through instagram, snapchat and twitter: the usual.

it was one thing about him that agitated iwaizumi like no other. he didn't understand the enthusiasm behind it. at all. so naturally, he was annoyed when hanamaki dared him to use snapchat for an entire week, every single day.

"are you serious?" he muttered, sitting cross-legged on oikawa's bed — it was saturday evening, oikawa's parents were out so the four decided to meet up at his place.

"very. you chose dare, i dare you to make a snapchat account and use it every single day. morning, afternoon and evening. one post to your story every day," hanamaki said, smirking lazily, as he always did.

"what's a story?"

"oh, my dear iwa-chan," oikawa sighed, draping himself over the ravenet's legs, "you're such a loser sometimes, i swear."

"what'd you say, shittykawa?!"

"i'll be so kind as to give you a guide, because i love and cherish your already as-good-as-dead reputation. luckily for me, no one will even ask you, so i can be the only one iwa-chan snapchats," he said dreamily.

"oi—"

"that's a good idea," hanamaki said quickly, "oikawa, you explain how to use it, mattsun and i will get snacks."

"sure thing, makki!" oikawa grinned. he sat up, grabbing his iphone, holding it up.

hanamaki dragged matsukawa out of the room, who wined about not being needed in the kitchen and wanting to watch iwaizumi's humiliation.

"geez, mattsun," matsukawa sighed as he closed the door behind them, "you sure are as thick-headed as your counterpart."

"huh?"

"iwaizumi, you idiot," he tch'ed, flicking him across the forehead. "oikawa likes him. isn't it obvious?"

"wait — what? since when?!"

"since, like, forever. anyway," hanamaki continued, "this is his chance."

"to what?"

"to see if something happens. snapchat is sending selfies. that's something oikawa's good at. iwaizumi doesn't understand shit about the app yet, so if we let that be, we might figure something out."

"christ, you're devious," matsukawa said, wide-eyed. "you sounded like oikawa for a second."

"ew, don't insult me," he scoffed, flicking his forehead again. matsukawa rubbed it offendedly.

"so, does iwaizumi like him back, or..?"

"how should i know?" hanamaki frowned.

"you know about oikawa..."

"dude, anyone can see that if they keep their eyes open. i doubt iwaizumi even knows what liking someone means, even less how to express it. that boy doesn't let anything get through that thick skull of his, especially not his own emotions."

"my god, you really are oikawa."

"you're just as oblivious as iwaizumi, so you don't get to say anything," hanamaki retorted, grabbing a bowl and emptying a bag of paprika potato chips in to it.

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"you'll find out~" hanamaki told him as he walked out of the kitchen, leaving matsukawa confused as ever.

"and that, iwaizumi, is why i have a dog on my face in 'ninety-nine percent of my selfies on instagram'," oikawa replied as iwaizumi held the phone up in front of himself.

"i don't get the excitement. it literally just makes you look like a fucking dog." he looked up at the brunet. "is this how desperate you are for kyoutani's respect? 'cause i'd rather tell him to listen to you than have you do... this." he gestured at the filter that was currently decorating his own face on-screen.

"iwa-chan!" oikawa exclaimed, exasperated. "you could at least work with me here. it makes me look cute."

"it does not."

"iwa-chan! rude!"

"i'm just saying, you have people screaming over you in real life without wearing a dog mask, this whole filter thing is unnecessary."

"iwa-chan, you think i'm pretty enough in real life?" oikawa smiled excitedly, sitting up.

"i think you're equally hideous whatever you do," he said bluntly, tossing oikawa's phone towards his face he yelped as he caught it quickly.

"sometimes you really hurt my feelings, iwa-chan."

"because you're such a sweetheart," he replied sarcastically, glaring at him.

"of course i am!"

"let me quote you on that," iwaizumi replied, clearing his throat. "'oh, my dear iwa-chan, you're such a loser sometimes, i swear'."

"you're scarily alike when you do that," matsukawa warned. "i should remember that..."

"mattsun!" oikawa exclaimed, before trning back to iwaizumi. "that's unfair! you call me shittykawa all the time!"

"just eat your chips," hanamaki sighed, shoving the bowl in to oikawa's face, who angrily shoved a handful in his mouth. "i swear, you two are too mean."

"you bully him just as much as i do," iwaizumi shrugged.

"but you've been bullying me since we were five," oikawa mumbled. "that's years more than they've been bullying me."

"oh, shut up," iwaizumi groaned. "honestly, that makes zero sense."

"it kinda does. you should leave it to us," matsukawa smirked. hanamaki high-fived him.

"you know oikawa'd be out of control without me being mean to him. you want him to be late because of fangirls?"

"no," hanamaki groaned. "you are no fun."

"i've been trying to tell you that!" oikawa sighed, exasperated.

"whatever, let's just get this game on with. it can't get any worse," iwaizumi muttered, handing oikawa his phone.

oikawa grinned to himself as he realized iwaizumi had accidentally taken a selfie, and not deleted it.

a/n

i rip for everyone who doesnt have paprika ships theyre the best thing ive ever eaten without a doubt