Chapter 2

Something about the new kid was different, not just because he was new. He just seemed so, interesting.

I kind of secretly hoped that Mrs. Daniels had sat him next to me and Tyler in first period, because I have him for the rest of my classes as well, too bad he got sat next to Lui and Marcel. There go my chances of befriending him, there's no way he'll want to talk to me after they talk to him for more than five minutes.

I expected him to run that day, when I walked up to him after school, near his locker. Yet he stood his ground, maybe it was because he was scared.

Or maybe he had always planned to ruin me, I was just too blind to see it.

I was right to not be excited about new kids.

-----------

They say first days always go by the fastest, but to Jonathan, his first day seemed to last a thousand years. Turns out he only had Lui and Marcel first period, which meant he had no friends to guide him until after lunch.

Not to mention he had Evan for every class, the one person Lui and Marcel had told him to stay away from, yet he seemed to stick as close as possible. Guess he might as well make the most of it, after all it seemed all of his classes were doing nothing, too bad he had no one to talk to.

But Evan did. And that did not make Jonathan feel better at all.

Second period, Evan had sat on top of his desk, talking to two other boys, Jonathan didn't recognize them, and Tyler as well. It was like this kid knew everyone.

Turns out he actually did, because he was also talking to a group of people in third period. This time it was four other boys, one of them wore a red Mario cap, yet they all wore gaming related shirts and jeans. And just when Jonathan thought that was it another boy bounded up to the group, also wearing a gaming shirt and joined in the conversation, giving a high five to Evan and the kid with the hat. How did the teacher not say anything?

"Evan? Have you finished the worksheet I handed out a few minutes ago?" The teacher, Mrs. Sneau, asked. Jonathan smiled to himself, looks like Evan wasn't as much of a badass everyone said he was.

"Yeah, I did. Look." Evan held up the worksheet Mrs. Sneau had passed out, it was completely finished, front and back. Jonathan's smile vanished.

The teacher walked over to the group of boys and checked his work, it was perfect. "Wow, that's impressive. This is all correct, good job Evan." The teacher nodded at Evan and walked back to her desk while the boys continued to talk.

"How the hell does he do that..." Jonathan mumbled to himself as he tried to figure out at least one fourth of the calculus worksheet in front of him, staring at the paper as if it had come from a different galaxy, wishing for the period to end.

By the time lunch rolled around Jonathan was exhausted. Between avoiding Evan-which was still impossible- and trying to concentrate on his assignments, Jonathan didn't think he'd have enough energy for the other half of the day, luckily math was third period so he didn't have to worry about that class until the next day, because trying to do calculus did not seem very appealing.

As Jonathan walked towards Lui and Marcel's table, where they were waving to him like idiots, he saw Evan and his friends walk into the cafeteria out of the corner of his eye.

Hurriedly rushing to his table, he looked up from his bland tray of food and saw his friend's eyes widen.

"Dude, it's like they're obsessed with you. You haven't talked to them right? You've avoided them like we said?" Marcel said, cautiously looking behind Jonathan as he nodded.

"I've tried, believe me. I have Evan for all my classes." He explained.

"That's rough, dude. Such bad luck." Lui said, also looking behind Jonathan.

"Are they staring at me?" Jonathan was worried, why were they targeting him? What did he do?

His friends nodded. "Yeah." Lui said, trying to act normal. Maybe if they all ignored them, they would stop.

-------------

"So Evan, you still not interested in the new kid?" Craig smirked, noticing Evan staring as the new kid walked to his lunch table.

Evan shrugged. "Usually new kids are readable,  but him, he won't even look at me. Who does that?" He crossed his arms, frustrated. Usually,  new kids were gullible enough to have talked to him by now. Especially if they were in all of his classes, but this time, this time was different.

"Oh lighten up, Ev. I'm sure he'll come around, they always do." Tyler assured his best friend, patting his back as he finally gave up on watching the new kid, putting his head down on the cold cafeteria table.

Evan usually didn't eat, he had never really liked the school food, so the guys were used to it. But they could tell Evan was really upset about the new kid situation, because he never lifted his head from the table until lunch was over, and they tried.

"Ev?"

"...."

"Ev, come on it's not a big deal."

"You wouldn't know a big deal if it punched you in the face, Wilde."

"Well it's good to know you're not asleep, Evan. But seriously dude, lunch is over come on."

Evan didn't move until he heard more than just his friends move, he would not fall for one of their tricks, not again. As soon as he heard the entirety of the cafeteria start to exit, he stood up with a sigh and followed his friends, who stood by the door waiting for him.

"Look on the bright side, Ev, we have PE next, and chances are so does he." Tyler encouraged, motioning for the guys to do the same, which they did, there was no way they were getting on Evan's bad side, never again.

Suddenly Evan got an idea, his eyes lit up and he grinned at his friends as he remembered something from earlier, when the teacher sat the new kid right next to him.

"And his locker is next to mine."