Chapter 24

Sorry for the short chapter :(

----

"So, what's it like having a boyfriend?" It has been a few days since I told him, or them, rather, and they are still trying to wrap their head around the concept of me having a boyfriend.

"It's like having a girlfriend, but just better in my opinion, because you know, girls aren't my thing." I scroll up on my phone, exploring my social media feed as I lay on my bed, my friends all fanned out around my room. They chuckle at my reply.

"Fair enough, but like, what's the best part about being in a relationship?" David asks, almost star struck by the idea of a relationship. I suspected that David was just looking for answers to his own personal questions about having a significant other, or a boyfriend, to be specific, but I didn't dare to bring it up.

Instead, I scrunched up my face in thought, pondering how to answer the question. "I don't know, there's a lot of great parts. Having someone to be there for you, to know nearly every little thing about you, kissing, oh, kissing is amazing-" I smile as I remember the first rooftop kiss with my boyfriend, how good it had felt when our lips reconnected for a second time. "Just, really being able to rely on someone through the good and bad times." My thoughts drifted to when Tyler had followed us to detention, trying to intervene, yet how happy we were on the rooftop as he we made out. A couple days ago, when I had that big fight with the guys, how he was there for me when I was sad, that's what a boyfriend does.

"Haven't even been with the dude for a week and you're already a cliche." Tyler's cheesy grin brings a smile to my face, a wide smile that somehow manages to make all my worries about everything that was happening just disappear. It was like I had finally discovered the joys of being a teenager, I had friends, a boyfriend, and everything was just, happy.

I was happy.

---------------

Jonathan feels nervous, looking at the message from Craig, what exactly did he know? How many secrets did he have that Craig could know because he sure as hell didn't want anyone to know about Evan, it would ruin him. It would ruin them both. Outside, he looks calm, walking behind the trio-Lui, Craig, and Marcel, in that order. Lui and Marcel still weren't speaking, which scared Jonathan.

Marcel was just texting one of Evan's friends, and now they weren't talking. What would happen if they found out that Jonathan was dating Evan? He didn't want to find out.

Speaking of Evan, his group was right across the street again, and Jonathan risked a glance at him before returning his eyes to Craig, who glanced back at him with a knowing look, Jonathan felt scared, pulling his phone out.

Jonathan: please don't tell anyone

Craig smirks to himself.

Craig: wouldn't dream of it

Jonathan lets out a sigh of relief, putting his phone and letting himself relax, glancing over at Evan every once and a while, glad to see a smile on his face as he laughed at something one of his friends said.

One of the times, Lui caught him. "Stop obsessing over him." He snarled, causing Jonathan to jump in surprise. "Your real friends are over here."

"I'm sorry." Jonathan mumbled as he hurried his pace to match that of his friends.