Gone

Word Count:2,647

I awoke the next morning  naked to a cold bed  the warmth that I had beside me was no longer there I quickly threw on some clothes and hustled around the studio looking for Lauren but was unsuccessful in locating her 

I found a letter sitting under a paperweight with what looked like Lauren's hand writing

Dear y/n,

 I'm sorry that I had to leave you so early this morning I didn't want to wake you, you were sleeping so peacefully.. Last night was amazing.. you were amazing I hope to see you later today.

                                                                           Sincerely, Lauren

I held the note to my chest and smiled at the memory of last night Just then my phone rang startling me out of a blissful moment.

"Yeah," I answered

"Oh good you're awake, I saw that beautiful young lady leave this morning she left in such a hurry I was calling to see that you were alright and to remind you that tonight is the Madison's Charity Dinner" Angela boasted over the receiver I rolled my eyes like she could actually see me

"Angela I'm not really-"

"No, none of that y/n you have to keep up appearances you know this is how you maintain your high social status in the community and not to mention the wealth so suck it up and come I know you hate the party scene but this will get you a hell of a lot of notoriety especially to the newer crowd who have no idea who you are.. expand and broaden your horizons honey" Angela bragged all the while her words entering one side of my ear and going out the other in that moment I didn't care about money I had enough money to fund a third-world country and I  could buy my own private island if I so chose now Art was my passion but all that was on my mind, all that I could think about was Lauren and how I wanted to see her again.  

"We are going to be late honey are you ready yet sweetheart!" I heard Angela  shout from downstairs I did not acknowledge her request as I stared blankly into the mirror at myself I decided to dress in my opinion what I considered casual for this occasion I got tired of dressing to impress for rich snobs so tonight they were going to have to accept me as I was (Pic Below)

I trotted down stairs purposely making my heavy footsteps known "Is that what you're wearing?" Angela boasted as she looked me up and down with a level of concern and humility in her eyes

"'Fraid So," I nodded sarcastically

"Well, you're the boss let's get going then" She replied as we walked out of the glass doors onto the street where our limo was waiting the hustle and bustle of the night city traffic was music to my ears horns honking cars bristling by people walking down the side walk the beautiful lights sights and sounds just completely entranced me.