Fairy tales

I'm guessing Jenny fainted at the surprise because she hasn't answered my text yet.

I decided to get ready while I wait for a reply. Every Christmas is the same thing. Go to my grandmother's house. And every year..I have a new "Christmas dress". This year I have a red dress. Heart shaped top and a knee length pretty skirt. I put on the dress with white leggings and black boots. Not as fancy but it covers the dressy part. I curl my hair. Even tho I know it won't last. My black jumpy curls always seem to keep my little cousins entertained. Apparently they play with them..using them as springs or something. I apply very little makeup, I brush my teeth and I am ready to go.

I enjoy spending time with my family. But there's one main reason I don't completely love it. Every single time I get the same question: "Boyfriend yet?"

NO! For God's sake! No! Okay?! And I won't have a boyfriend anytime soon!! I don't believe in that whole "love" concept. And I never will. I refuse to think that happiness depends on having someone next to you. A boyfriend in this case. I don't believe life is like a fairy tale and that in the end I'll find a Prince Charming and live happily ever after. No! All that I just fake lies. Fake! "Fairy tales are all just fake bullshit that others try to make us believe" as Jennifer would say.

I believe happiness depends on accomplishing what you want. In getting far in life. And being emotionally attached to someone will only keep you back from your dreams.

I'm not like other cheesy girls that fall for the first guy that calls her "beautiful". I don't want my life to be the expected, I don't want my life to be like a fairy tale. I don't want to depend on a guy to be happy.

Im not rude, therefore I do not answer them like that. I just shake my head and roll my eyes in a polite way of saying "stop asking that already!"

Honestly. I doubt any guy would actually take the time to get to know me. Yes there's Noah. But he's frienzoned and that doesn't count. Then there's Austin. I've known him for a while now and I've always had a crush on him. But we are too close friends and he's the type of guy that doesn't date nerds so we shall stay as friends.

I haven't had any huge crush actually, now that I think about it. I've never been "in love", I do think love is a strong word tho.

My dad is way too overprotective. He says I can't date until I'm 40, as a joke of course.

Or at least that's what I hope.

I'm a shy girl and I'm not that easy to talk to. I normally push away people. Not because I want to, but because it comes naturally to keep my privacy. I'm on the way opposite side of any Disney princess.

*****************************
So now u guys understand Anabeth's point of view? (: yeah. It's harsh ._. Vote. Comment. How would you like Anabeth to meet Niall? ;* thanks for reading and I hope you've liked this story so far!! >.^

Dedication to: Cristina because she can identify with this story SOO much! Love you so much girl and keep strong!! <3