•Chapter Forty-Two•

{last chapter before epilogue}

This has to be the fullest I've ever seen the castle.

Every corner there is someone and the castle, instead of having a deafening silence like when I was growing up, it is filled with a constant murmur of excited voices.

It's been a month since the funeral service and things have been better. But today is my coronation day and to say I am nervous would be an understatement.

True to his word,  Tobias has been nothing but supportive and loving all the way through my journey of grief and I'm starting to actually imagine a future with him. I can't imagine my life any different to be completely honest.

He owns my heart. And I own his.

The dress I am wearing is simply stunning. It's a light blue, the colour making my grey eyes pop and has  gracious lace swirls shimmering over it.

Some servants came in half an hour ago to do my hair, the same ones to styled it for my 'wedding' with Uriah

They styled it a milkmaid a braid, with small flowers tucked into the sides. 

It's a strange thing to say about yourself, but I actually feel...pretty.

"Hey love,-woah." Tobias enters, his eyes lingering on my body. I blush under his gaze but I can't help the smile on my face.

Tobias doesn't look and himself. He's sporting a jet black suit, with a sky blue tie to match my dress. His hair isn't his usual messy-just-woke-up hair and instead it's slightly gelled to the side smartly.

His lips curl into a smile as he brings me into a kiss and in that moment I don't care if he's ruining my makeup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This has to be the most nervous I have ever been. My hands are sweating as well and shaking, my feet feel so numb I have to keep clenching them to make sure they are still at the end of my legs, and my whole body trembles like I'm going to faint.

There is hundreds of people in the grand hall, from all over the kingdom and some other kingdoms to see me become queen. A responsibility I'm not ready for in the slightest.

I gulp, trying to calm myself but all I can think about is that when I walk out this room, I will be Queen.

"Hey." I hear Tobias voice and look up to see him walking towards me, his forehead frowning in concern. "You know what you're doing, don't you?"

I nod, biting my lip.

"Then what's all the fuss about, hm?" He teases, his smile so infectious I can't help but return it. "You're going to be an amazing queen okay?"

"But-"

"Tris, stop doubting  yourself." Tobias sighs agitatedly. "You've be acting as Queen for the last month anyway. It's just a title, that's all."