Chapter 1

Alright, here we are again

~~

I walked into school, really just wanting to go home and sleep. I was tired and bored, a headache already pounding. My coffee cup warmed my hand as I walked down the hall to my locker. It was spring so it was getting warmer but in the morning it was still cold as fuck. I grabbed what I would need before heading towards my first class. People around me seemed just as tired on this Monday morning. They dragged their feet along the carpet, mournful of the loss of the weekend.

I stepped into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I ran a hand over my dyed black hair. The back of it was all spiked up but matted down into a fringe in the front.

Ha, it's as straight as me.

And my hair isn't straight at all it's curved and got a little swoops in it.

I'm gay, if you didn't catch the gist.

The bell rang and I sighed, not particularly caring about being late. I looked over my black eyeliner and piercings, deciding that my appearance was good enough. I walked towards my class, strolling into my English class.

"Nice of you to show up," my teacher remarked.

I smirked. "Nice to see you too, Miss B."

Miss B is a rather young teacher. It's her first time here at this school, her third year teaching in all. She had this dark brown pixie cut with light brown eyes. She even had a tattoo on her ankle, but that was usually covered by a pair of skinny jeans now that I was getting colder. She was really nice and funny, laid back too. She hardly gave us homework and didn't care much at all about profanities. Her class is the only one I actually like.

"You missed us partnering up for our projects," she remarked. "Remind me to put you in a group later."

I nodded, going back to my seat by Brendon. I set my coffee onto the desk, setting my backpack next to my chair as I sat down.

"Okay, back to the latest chapter of Catcher in the Rye, which I expect you all to have read last night," she said. "Let's have a discussion."

She sat on the stool in the front of the room.

"Any thoughts on chapter three?" She asked.

Patrick raised his hand and Miss B called on him.

"Well, Holden doesn't seem very fond of Mr. Spencer," Patrick said. "Especially when Mr. Spencer calls him boy."

"And why do you suppose that is?" Miss B asked.

"Because he assumed his gender!" Brendon called.

Kids snickered around us and Brendon smiled. There was a light knock on the door and it opened once the person realized it was unlocked. The person walked in and saw us all laughing from Brendon's joke. From the look on his face and the way he looked down at his shoes in discouragement, I could tell he thought we were laughing at him.

The boy had long black hair and pale skin. He was a little bit chubby but I thought it was kinda cute. He was wearing a maroon colored dress with a silver necklace around his neck and a pair of black boots. He walked up to the teacher nervously, talking quietly with her.

"Well, Frank, looks like you have a partner after all," Miss B said. "This is our new student, Gee. You can go sit next to Frank."

Gee nervously sat down in the seat, looking at me.

"Hey there, beautiful," I said with a smirk as I winked at him.

He blushed, looking down at his lap.