Chapter 1: All by chance

• Dedicated to Robert Downey Jr

Nicole sat at her usual table in Starbucks sipping her salted caramel frappachino, eyes shifting from person to person as they ordered their drinks and waited. This was her normal routine: wake up at seven, get ready, then go down to Starbucks and order the same grande salted caramel frappachino with whipped cream. She liked to take her straw like it was a spoon and eat the whipped cream, something she had always done. This was her normal routine. She looked out the icy window and watched the snowfall. It was mid-December and the snow fell how everyone dreams. Light enough to not stay on the roads but sticky enough to be on windows, roofs and stay on your hair if you walked outside without a hat. She started to think, 'All the years I've been alive I've never seen anything like this'. Nicole had lived in Ohio, Westchester NY, Boston, and now Syracuse. But snow like this is a once in a lifetime sight. Nicole looked down at her phone "Shit! I'm late going to be late!" Nicole went to Syracuse University for Communications. Ever since she was in sixth grade Nicole knew she wanted to be an advertiser, and go to Syracuse. Nicole pushed out of her seat and darted for the door. She was digging for her car keys when she collided with an oncoming stranger. Coffee spilling all over him.

"Oh. My. God. I am so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going I was trying to get my keys an-".

The unlucky stranger cut her off. "It's fine it's totally fine. It happens to all of us now and then." All of a sudden, Nicole's whole demeanor seemed to change. She relaxed. There was something about his voice that made Nicole believe every word he said.

"Well here, I can at least offer you this. " Nicole handed the man her favorite hoodie. It was orange with a big blue S on the back. For Syracuse. She was so caught up with this mysterious person she almost forgot the reason why she needed to go. "Oh shoot I gotta go I'm going to be late for my class." Nicole started to head out the door.

"Wait!" The man shouted after her "This is a nice hoodie."

"Ya it's my favorite so take care of it" Nicole said with a quick laugh, keeping the fact that she was late in mind. "I can see why. Meet me at Panera off of the highway tomorrow at 7 and you can get it back." He started to walk back inside.

"Is this your own way of asking me on a date?" Nicole joked with a smile, ducking into her car ar the same time.

"Its only a date if you want it to be." The guy said as he winked. There was something so familiar about him. But she couldn't place her finger on it.

"Already have a boyfriend." Nicole closed the door. Hearing a tap on the glass she rolled the windows down.

"You still going to come?"

"I have no choice, you aren't getting away with my favorite hoodie."

Nicole began to pull out. Without moving the man began to speak at a slightly louder pitch in order for her to hear him. "Its too bad. I would've loved to keep it."

Nicole smiled as she rolled up her window and drove off. Keeping the image of him in her mind, she had to figure out how she knew him.

________________________________
Hey guys what do you think of this first chapter? Do you want to keep reading or not? Comment about it!!!!!!