14.

Yuck. Monday. I slid on my jeans and put on my white tank top. I pulled my yellow crop top over my head and then went to go brush my teeth. After I brushed my teeth, I put on my blue beanie and tied up my doc martens. Zonnique was peacefully sleeping in bed since she didn't have to go to school. But she still had to do class work, test, and homework online. I tip toed out the room and quietly closed the door behind me. I came face to face to a spiffy looking Chresanto. We did our  sibling handshake and I kissed his cheek. He pointed to the back of his throat gesturing he was gagging.

"Oh shut up. You love my kisses." I kissed his cheek again. He rolled his eyes.

"I love you brother." I smiled widely.

"I love me too sister." Chresanto popped his collar and began to pimp walk down the stairs. That is until he started tumbling down them since I had pushed the ramp button.

"That's exactly why you shouldn't try to be cool." I giggled walking past him.

"I'm already c-cool." He croaked trying to get up. I walked into the kitchen and the beautiful smell of food, French toast to be exact, hit my nose. I inhaled deeply and sat down instantly shoving the delightful food in my eating hole. My grandmother looked at me in disgust. Then she looked at Chresanto who was doing the same exact thing. Her face scrunched up even more! I wanted to laugh but I had a mouth full of French toast and I sure didn't want to choke or spit it out. When me and Chres were finished, we made our way to the bus stop. Of course Jacob was sitting on the bench sleeping. Me and Chresanto looked at each other and laughed quietly.

"Jacob can I see your phone?" I yelled. He scrambled up, holding his chest.

"Dang Bahja could you not scare me with your loudness?" He breathed heavily.

"Sorry Jay. Can I see your phone?" I made a puppy face. He slid his phone out his pocket and gave it to me. I sat on the bench next to him and turned his phone on.

"What's your passcode?" I looked at him.

"Two twice, four, and five." Jacob smiled. As I input the numbers I noticed in letters it spelled my name but just without an A. I smiled up at him and shook my head.

"Best friends names have to be each others passcodes." Jacob hugged me. I got my phone out my coat pocket and changed my passcode to "JAYC". We swapped phones and started to take a whole bunch of selfies of each other.

Ten minutes passed and the bus still wasn't here. By now Chresanto, Jacob, and I were burning up. A few more minutes passed and no sign of the bus. I checked the time on my phone it was 8:55a.m. The bus usually gets here at 8:45a.m. and we got here at 8:37a.m. What the actual fizzle! Chresanto's phone began to ring and he quickly answered it. He smacked his lips and one the conversation he had was finished, he ended the call.

"School is out today because of re-painting, new installations, and remodeling." Chresanto groaned. I draped my backpack over my shoulder and we all made our way back to G-Mommy's house. G-Mommy was sitting on the couch watching the news and eating oranges. I went to go check on Zonnique who was still knocked out cold. She was so sleep that for a second I thought she was dead. But I put my finger under her nose and she was breathing plus her chest was moving up and down. I ran back downstairs and sat in the basement with Jacob and  Chresanto.

"Ayo Bahja. The guys and I about to go to laser tag. You down?" Chresanto stood up.

"Nah I'm good." I turned on the television. I heard Chresanto's timberlands stomp all the way up the stairs and out the basement door. Jacob still sat next to me watching television too.

"You ain't going either?" I giggled.

"Nope. I really don't feel like moving." Jacob chuckled.

'Want to go get a gingerbread latte at Starbucks?" I asked.

"Never had one of those..." Jacob confessed.

"You have to try one! Come on!" I dragged him up the stairs and out into the warm Atlanta weather. We traveled down to Starbucks where I saw Breaunna again.

"Hey girl!" Breaunna waved as she sat down the two gingerbread lattes on the brown wooden table.

"Hey." I waved back. We had small talk and then she went back to work. Jacob looked at the gingerbread latte like it was about to kill him.

"Oh come on Jay. Why you looking like that?" I giggled.

"I don't know about this Bahja..." Jacob sighed.

"Jayy...we can drink them at the same time then!" I cheered.

"Okay fine." Jacob shrugged.

"One...two...drink!" I took a sip out of my gingerbread latte. Jacob was slurping his down too.

"Man this is good!" Jacob said amazed.

"Told ya so." I said. Jacob and I finished our gingerbread lattes and just went for a walk around Atlanta. We stopped at the aquarium where he paid for us to see the sea life. You get it? Ha. We held hands as we looked at the under water creatures in awe. Even though it smelled like...well you know...I was having a great time and Jacob was too. We still had each other's phones so when we went out to eat at Red Lobsters we were on each others phone. He let me look through his pictures, contacts, text messages, everything. This showed me that he wasn't hiding anything  and was really trustworthy. He paid for the meals and we left. Then we went back to G-Mommies house and played the Xbox. Well he played the Xbox, I sat on his lap holding on to the controller with his hands guiding me. When Chresanto and his guy friends came home they started messing with us and just saying crazy stuff. I had a good day off.