13.

My mother stopped fighting and gave me her full attention. G-Mommie was trying to get me to calm down, but it was too late. I put my hair up in a high pony tail and took off my house slippers. I gestured at Chresanto to let my mother go. He gripped on her hard indicating he didn't want to let her go.

"Let her go Chresanto. If she wants to come up in here like she some sort of a boss and trying to fight, let her fight me." I placed my earrings on the table. Chresanto still wouldn't budge. I lunged at my mother but Chresanto pushed my mother out of the way and quickly grabbed my fists. We looked each other in the eyes.

"Calm down Bahja." Chresanto said calmly. I tried to get out of his grip but he was stronger than me and wouldn't let me go. My mother just looked at me without saying a word. That made me even more mad. Chresanto put his arms around me and we all just sat there quiet, fumed, and ready to rumble. The only sound you could hear was my grandmothers heavy breathing.

"Let me go so I can go get my grandmother's breathing machine." I shoved him off of me and went up the stairs to get her breathing machine. I grabbed the breathing machine  out the closet in my grandmother's room and raced back down the stairs. I plugged it up, put the medicine in, and put the mask on my grandma's face. I walked back outside the kitchen and slid my pajama top back on. Shamra was sitting on the couch crying. I rolled my eyes going cross eyed for a minute. I swear she always trying to be the victim. Chresanto and I helped our grandmother upstairs and put her in the bed. Then we went back to bed ourselves...

11:00a.m.

I sat in the freezing Starbucks coffee shop. By freezing I mean North Pole Santa Clause making presents with the elves cold. Why was it so cold in here but so hot outside? I slurped on my gingerbread latte shivering like it was no tomorrow. Well it might not be if I keep on freezing. I watched as the worker wiped and washed the tables while taking orders. Her hair was black and purple which was different.

"Are you finished with that ma'am?" She said wiping my table.

"No." I shook my head politely.

"Well when you're done tell me." She smiled.

"Wait!" I stopped her. She turned around and sat her bucket on the table.

"Yes ma'am?" She smiled.

"Where you from?" I asked curiously.

"Uh Alabama ma'am..." She answered. I nodded my head and continued to drink my latte.

"Anything else-"

"Just call me Bahja. Ma'am sounds too proper and old like." I giggled.

"Anything else Bahja?" She giggled too.

"No but thanks for your help...Breaunna." I read her name tag as I gripped onto my gingerbread latte like my life depended on it.

People started to leave the coffee shop but I still sat not wanting to go home for nothing. I read the closing time and today it closed at 12:00p.m. since it was Sunday. I ordered two more things which was a salad and a yogurt cup. It was finally 12:00p.m. and it was completely empty except for me of course.

"Excuse me Bahja...it's closing time." Breaunna said.

"Oh. My bad." I threw away my empty salad bowl and put my yogurt safe and secure in my purse. Breaunna waited for me to leave and locked the coffee shop up  behind me.

"Breaunna what school do you go to?" I asked waiting for her.

"Um I just got here from Alabama but I'll be starting the eleventh grade in Grady High School on Monday..." Breaunna said awkwardly.

"I go to Grady! I'm in the tenth grade though..." I said.

"Well see you tomorrow then!" She waved as she got inside her car. I began my journey to my house from the coffee shop.

Once I got home I saw Chresanto, Jacob, and the rest of the boys in Jacob's backyard playing in the pool. Zonnique was also out there lounging on the long lounge chairs. I stripped out of my clothes and put on my blue with white polka dots two piece bathing suit. I grabbed the white with black lens stunna shades and slid them onto my face. I made my way next door and opened the black gate.

"Wassup Bahja!" Craig doggy paddled.

"Nothing just about to come kick flave with y'all!" I giggled.

"Well come on then! The waters not cold." Jacob pushed Craig. I giggled some more and threw off my sunglasses and flip flops. I cannonballed into the water, splashing the boys, receiving glares. I kissed my brothers cheek.

"Give me kiss Chresanto." I grabbed his lips while he was trying to swim away from me.

"Ew cooties." He joked.

"Oh shut up. If I got cooties you do too since we got the same blood." I playfully hit his arm.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." He stuck his tongue out. Jacob pulled me away from my brother by my hips. I wrapped my legs around his torso as we chillaxed in the corner of the pool.

"Best friends?" Jacob asked loudly making sure Zonnique heard.

"Yes!" I hugged on him.

"Hey, hey, hey. This will not be tolerated. I'm the only one whose Bahja's best friend around these parks mister." Zonnique stopped tanning and took off her glasses.

"But Zonnique you're not her best friend...you're her sister. Be fair." Jacob pouted.

"Okay fine. But no one else will take my title as a sister." She slid back on her sunglasses and went back to tanning. Me and Jacob giggled as I held onto his chest.

"Best friend we should go get some ice cream for everybody." Jacob chuckled.

"Oh my gosh yes." I clung onto him.

Jacob was the finest piece of specimen on earth and I wasn't letting him go. Anybody else notice I went from shivering to burning up though? Well I did.