1.

Kaija.

"Did you guys pack your lunch?" My mother asked me, and my sister as we got ready for our first day of senior year.

"Mom, we are practically grown women you don't need to tell us to pack our food now." I said, and chuckled as I made sure everything was in my book bag.

"Yeah mom, Kai is right. You could loosen up a little bit." She said agreeing.

"Well excuse me...You guys are getting so mature. I don't know what I am going to do when you guys leave me." She said as she sat down and poked her bottom lip out.

"I haven't even been to any of my classes yet, and you are already thinking so ahead of time."

"I know.. I just can't believe how fast time flies by."

"Hey, at least when we graduate you will still have Aasiyah, and Anthony."

"And before I know it..they might be gone too."

"They are only 14 and 10." Harmony mentioned. I looked at her, and we both started to laugh.

She can be...overdramatic most of the time.

"Whatever."she said looking at her watch, and checking the time.

"It's getting late, you girls should get out of here. Wouldn't want you to be late the first day of your senior year." She said practically shoving us out of the house.

"I love you too mom." Harmony said.

"I love you guys have a nice day, and don't bring home a boy your dad will kill him." I chuckled.

Asia "my mom" was my social worker when I was in the foster system. She controlled who got to take care of me, and how I was being treated and most of the time..it was not good, and I always told her.

One day she bought her daughter in with her because her husband had a game, and ever since Me, and Harmony have been best friends.

Asia always broke rules with her job, and let me come to her house after she saw how close me, and Harmony had gotten. Year later, I would always run away from my foster homes wishing I had something like them. Their family reminded me of my own. When I was with them...I felt like I was at home.

Asia always welcomed me in, but always got mad when I walked to her house alone but being around them felt like a family, that I was missing out on.

Andre "my dad" has also been a big factor in my life, and reminds me of my own before he left.

Asia eventually adopted me when I turned thirteen.

She has been more than a mom to me. She saved my life in ways I cannot explain, and for that I love her like she is my real mother.

Nothing can EVER replace my real parents though.. and everyday I think about them and how my life would be if they were still here.

But I was blessed to have this family, and have sisters who I love to death, and have a really close bond too. 

We walked to school talking about how we thought the first day would be, and what we expected.

Andre.

"Name?"

"You could call me Rob."

"So why the fuck you not in school young blood?" I asked the boy standing before me, who acted as if he was tough.

"I don't go to school." The boy said.

"Ohhh." I shook my head walking circles around the young boy who kind of reminded me of myself when I was younger.

"Yeah. That's why I'm trying to make this money you feel me? School not my cup of tea, I just need money and I'm straight."

"What yo parents do for a living?"

"My parents dead, it's just me."

"Oh. I'm sorry, I know how it feel to lose a parent."

"It's cool. Been in the foster system my whole life, but I deal with it." He shrugged.

"Aight I'll let you work in this organization, but I got some rules...can you handle them?"

"I can handle anything."

"Rule #1 I don't want no funny shit, and if you try and pull something I'll make it my business to come up here and you gon wish you never knew me."

"Rule #2 I want you in school. I see you in me a little bit and these streets are not going to be your life..learn something, and graduate."

Rule #3 I want you here every morning 6:00 on the dot to make a few drops before you go to school, and my good man can take you."

"Can you handle them rules?"

"Yeah."

"Good. I'm out." I said. I gave Dave some dap before I left the warehouse.

A few years ago I got injured playing football while playing football and tore my ACL.

It ruined my whole career, NFL and me just don't go together anymore.

I was so depressed not being able to do the thing that I loved, and felt lost without it.

I didn't turn back to selling but I get to say on who works in the organization, and who doesn't.

My partner back in the day Dave runs that shit, and I promised my wife I wasn't selling that stuff anymore which I'm not.

Just controlling what goes on. If she knew she would probably hurt me, but I need something to do besides sitting around all day, or going to my physical therapist.

My wife would kill me if she even knew I was around this mess.

But I didn't see any harm in it at all..and what she doesn't know wont hurt her..

Just a little something, don't have time to type a really long update.

Sorry for the ones who liked Taken, you don't have to read this if it's too much. Just know it will be better..much better.

*Kaija, Harmony, and Asia in mm*

-Miyah