Three

She was getting there.

Where she was going, she still didn't know.

But she was getting there.

Slowly, but surely.

She spent more time with her family and friends, including his.

They never talked about him or mentioned him and a part of her didn't know how to feel about that. Their worlds were too intertwined to keep them at a distance. They were bound to cross paths sooner or later.

She just wasn't sure when or how and if she was ready for it yet.

Spending time alone was now something that she used to hate but now enjoyed.

At nights she would sit out on her balcony, staring at the stars and embracing the silence.

Her silence.

Sometimes she would talk out loud, cry out loud, and even yell out loud at the sky. Sometimes she would write in a journal about anything and everything. Sometimes she would write letters to him. Expressing herself was now a form of therapy for her. Saying and writing what she wanted to say made her feel free. 

Made her feel like she was somehow moving on.

- - - 

Going to the mall with her niece was now her favourite thing to do.

People definitely noticed her. 80% of the time they would politely ask for pictures and autographs but she didn't mind.

It was the fans that would run up to her and beg her to get back with him that were hard to deal with. The acting she had to perform in front of them almost seemed Best Actress worthy. But she understood where they were coming from so she'd smile, give them a little laugh then pose for their pictures.

She would be forever grateful for them.

"Hi Kath."

Looking behind her, she gave small smile at the man standing behind her and her niece.

Jeremy was his name. He was around her age and a fan of hers since before him. He was a little bit shy but was never scared to go up to her whenever they crossed paths. Jeremy seemed like he was well off and he always carried his expensive camera with him so she always found it a little bit odd that he admired a simple girl like her.

He never really like Jeremy... Always said there was something about him. She always found it cute how he would become a little bit jealous.

Stop it.

Silently cursing at herself for bringing him up in her thoughts, she asked Jeremy how he was doing, how his photography was going and if they wanted to take a picture. After going through the motions that she had memorized for years now, Jeremy shyly waved goodbye and watched them leave as she turned the corner with her niece.

Carrying the heavy bags filled with toys for the children's charity she was going to visit in one hand, she took deep breaths as she headed outside the mall towards her car with her niece on the other hand.

It wasn't something she was used to but she was getting slowly getting there.

No one had to move mountains for her anymore.

She was on her own.