Dos and Don'ts: Finals Edition

So Finals are coming up and I'm sobbing my eyes out figuratively. And I'm bashing my head against the wall and singing some Ke$ha tunes. This is what Finals does to me.

So I thought I'd share some dos and don'ts I've learned over the years.

Before Finals even begin you want to know my biggest advice for it all. I'm not saying it's an easy thing to accomplish...but if you do...oh man you lucky bastard or bitch. 

Do get the highest grade possible in the class that you can achieve through the year/semester/whatever. Seriously work your butt off even though it'll suck in the short run come Finals you'll praise the higher being(s). I've done this in the past. And for some classes that are not in the maths or sciences such as History, English, French or other fun stuff I get an A all throughout the semester. Once Finals come around I give it my all and honestly odds are if I can get an A throughout the semester I'll no doubt get an A on the final but it's so comforting to know that I could literally fail a final and I'd still have a low A or a high B in the class. This is not me telling you to work your butt off and then fail your finals. I'm just saying it could happen.

Do not get borderline grades going into Finals week. I have a 90 in one of my classes right now and an 88 in another. Do any of you have any idea how much my heart hurts knowing I'm so close to an A and if I don't do well on the final that I'll be kissing that A goodbye. It hurts. It hurts a lot. Like when you go all excited into the kitchen and you check the fridge and someone ate your food that you'd been fantasizing about all day long. What you don't fantasize about food?

Do get some protein in you. Eat breakfast or lunch or whatever before your final. I almost never eat breakfast because I'm a badass like that (just kidding I'm just too lazy to wake up earlier to do that) but even I have to admit. Breakfast is the most important...whatever you know what I'm talking about. Just eat. It really helps.

Do not go on Wattpad. *whispers don't be like me* no my final isn't today. But I should have had some sense and avoided Wattpad for the entire week before and the week of finals. 

Do study. Something, anything. There's no worse feeling than going into a test and looking at it and thinking what the fuck is this? 

Do not copy, cheat, plagiarize. It's not worth it. And it scares the hell out of me. Every time I take a test I always picture that image of me cheating (NOT THAT I ACTUALLY DO THAT) and then getting caught. And I'm sobbing like a little bitch. It's not a pretty image. And me looking horribly unattractive while crying is what keeps me from cheating--kidding. I don't do it because it's bad. You will get caught sooner or later and that shit will affect you...FOREVER. 

Do, do the study guides. If your teacher or professor has study guides do them! They took the time to make them don't be an idiot and avoid them. Granted yes sometimes study guides are useless and completely different than the tests. Unless it's not your first test and you already know what this teacher's tests are like then do them and later on once you know their style if their guides don't help out all then and only then I suppose it'd be okay to not do them. Although I gotta be honest if I was a teacher I'd alternate between having helpful or useless study guides so that they'd never know whether to do them or not muahahahahahaha *coughs* 

Don't keep others from studying for their finals. If you don't want to worry about that stuff but your friend actually really cares about their final then be the bigger person and avoid conflicts. You want to hang out with them the night before their final, just stop right there. Don't cause a scene you both can hang out after finals are all done.

Do be positive. I'm not necessarily saying go in there thinking you'll ace it although that's always nice. But I'm just saying for example once finals are done for me I get a month long winter break. I could cry tears of joy. So when I'm wanting to destroy everyone these next few days in the bottom of my heart I'll be "patiently" awaiting that winter break. 

One last do. Do any extra credit that a class offers because sometimes classes don't offer extra credit and sometimes that shit sucks. And extra credits could be that little extra nudge that you needed. 

I say this because even though I knew it I was still an idiot and for those two classes I was so close to an A in they offered extra credit. And right now I could have totally had at least a 95 in them and then I wouldn't be stressing so much over trying to keep that A. 

Be safe, learn, hate on the world. Whatever your little hearts desire.