º018

mark

ten and winwin had stormed in carrying a dead looking jinsol. my heart stopped she looked lifeless. hyeyeong came in who was still in shock and nearly had a heart attack. we laid her down and after doing some nurse-y things she pumped on jinsol's chest.

"come on!" hyeyeong says. "what's wrong?" johnny asks. "she isn't breathing." hyeyeong pumps the boys freeze. "she probably lost blood a lot of blood." ten says "she was bleeding for so long." i thought, blood she has this thing with blood yes thats right.

her blood is differrent it reacts differently, if she lost blood she probably needs more blood. but where can i find more of her blood? while i was thinking i put my hands in my waist, i found my gun.

i can't i'm shooting someone that just got shot. i gulped. i took it out and loaded it. "mark what the heck put that away." jaehyun says. i close my eyes and shoot her chest with the bullet of her blood. for a minute they stare at me and i worry, what if it was a regular bullet and i just killed her?

then she coughs up blood her body reacting her chest rising then falling, she's breathing. "you saved her." hyeyeong looked at me. i was still frozen, shaking actually, i fell on my knees it was unclear of what just happened.

"soonyeon, she's" jinsol says. "don't speak we need to get the bullet out of you and then you sewn up." hyeyeong says wiping tears. "dammit i thought you died." she says. i looked down tears falling myself.

i felt something grab me and i saw jinsol reaching for my hand i grabbed her hand and i saw a weak smile on her face.

:;:;

jinsol

my body hurt pretty bad and i had crusty dried up tears on my face. i was all stitched up and laying down, because of the small dorms i lay on the couch my head on taeil's lap as he plays with my hair. he also sings a song which makes me feel calmer.

"what happened?" i asked, my lips dry it felt weird as if it was my first time speaking after a couple days. then again, i probably was out a couple days.

"you lived, mark saved you." taeil says. "how?" i look up at him. "he shot you with your own blood weird i know." he says,

i choked, shot, i was shot so was soonyeon. I don't want to go back to my room. i looked through my pocket, it's not there.

i sat up. "where are my other clothes?" i asked. "hyeyeong is washing them right now." taeil says. i began to get up. my body feels like a cup of jello. "where are you going?" taeil asks standing "look there was something in my pocket." i said.

"this?" hyeyeong held up the necklace. i stood up and hugged her.

tears already pulling yes i was crying  once more.

[][]

my dorm was goneand ruined my clothes and some other stuff were salvaged and i moved into hyeyeong's room. i was trailing my feet and looked at one of the walls of our school. "death counts." i heard and looked beside me "mark."

we both looked back there were names and sometimes drawings. sometimes the tallys increased and a name was not added. "do you think our parents think we're alive?" he asks. i looked down.

then it hit me, "gomawo." i say softly. "for saving my life." i said then he pulled me into a hug, a very much needed hug. "why did this happen? all of it?" i said i was crying again. i cry at any moment in time.

then we both leaned in, it was probably by instinct maybe at the spur of the moment but when we connected every bit of worry i had flew away. it was just and nothing else. frankly, i needed that feeling

____

oh gosh -rin