Author's note

First of all, this is not the end of Macy’s story. I intend to write a trilogy, and I intend to write the second book soon. Please don’t hate me for ending on a cliffhanger! I had to do it. Book 1 is about her time as a “cupid”, and book two will be about her being a reaper, and book three, well, you’ll have to wait and see. I plan on answering some questions, as well as pushing some conflict on Macy in the underworld in book 2, which will be called “Hearts and Hades.”  I will post soem preview chapters soon. 

            I’ve had the idea of writing either a reaper story or a cupid story for a while, and initially, I was planning on it being a straight paranormal story. I didn’t intend to use Greek mythology, but then I tested it out. I know I take excessive liberties with mythology, and even blended Judeo Christian beliefs (like the belief in purgatory, heaven, and hell) and Greek/Roman mythology. But I wanted to do it. So if you’re an expert in mythology and I offended you, I apologize. I know I did a lot of crazy things, but in the end, I had fun rewriting the stories and giving them modern twists. 

            I think I have to thank Meg Cabot here, which may seem random, and it kind of is. I’ve read her stories forever, from the Princess Diaries to The Heather Wells mysteries. I even took a note from her Abandon series, the interpretation of how Persephone got trapped in the underworld, in this story. I tried very hard to make sure I didn’t copy her ideas and this story is entirely original. But every writer is influenced by the books they’ve read, both in how they think and how they write. She has definitely been an important author in my heart, along with a list of others (including wattpad authors). But since I was directly inspired by her, I thought I’d give her a dedication. Hopefully, if she reads this (which I highly doubt she has the time or desire to do), she isn’t offended by my slight similarity. If you need a good read, I highly recommend her.

            As always, I love you, my dear readers. Thank you for enduring my first teen fiction, first paranormal/fantasy/ sad attempt at a writing a Greek mythology inspired book without becoming a Rick Riordan wannabe (I hope). You are all fantastic, and I can’t wait to see you in the sequel (preview posted on next chapter).

*A note on bonus content. I am posting a long chapter from Eros POV, or an Eros one shot, if you will. The One Shot will also function as prologue of the next book. So the bonus chapter is both a deeper look at Eros’ character and a preview. I’ll probably do a Gabe one-shot between book 2 and 3. (Right now Gabe’s story might be kind of sad, since he’s being tortured. = (

But hopefully this will help y'all get to know and maybe even like Eros, who is going to be more and more important in the next book. I'll post it and preview chapters soon.