Chapter 10 ~ Getting Kidnapped Is A Little Fun

I woke up with a splitting headache and rough ropes wrapped around my wrists. A trickle of sticky dried blood ran down the length of my face. A groan escaped my lips and slowly, I opened my eyes. I was strapped to a chair with ropes tying me down. Someone snickered and my head shot up.

"Who's there?" I called out into the dark confines of the room.

A floorboard creaked in front of me as the person came closer.

"It's your friends, the Wolves, Dixon..." he laughed maliciously.

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and peered up into his face as he came into the light. It was the man from the road.

"Where's Owen? What have you done with him?!" I screamed at him, struggling to break free from the ropes.

"Hmm, "Owen" is it? Not "Alpha Wolf"?" he asked, "Is that any way to address your superiors, Angel?"

I bit my tongue to stop myself from saying anything further. It wasn't wise to fight with him when I had no way of defending myself. It also wasn't wise to tell him anything about my feelings for Owen. That wouldn't bode well for either of us. Besides...I didn't even know if he felt the same way. And I didn't want him to find out like this - from another Wolf that only wanted to use it as blackmail against me.

"So why'd you run off then? Hm? The Wolves weren't good enough for you?" he sneered, squatting down in front of me.

I glared daggers at him but stayed silent. He arched his eyebrows and shook his head at me.

"You might have left once, Dixon. But you won't leave again," he smiled coldly, "Your fate's intertwined with ours now..."

I stared back at him angrily before spitting in his face. He scowled, wiping the saliva off his skin and immediately, slapped me across the cheek. I bit back a cry of pain, not wanting to give him the satisfaction. He smiled smugly down at me and walked back out the door. Hours passed by then as I sat there in the dark and my thoughts went to Owen. I wondered what they'd done with him.

He was one of their own so he was probably alright unless...unless he didn't make it through the crash. Tears pricked my eyes at the thought of him dying...at the thought of never seeing him again. I looked up to the ceiling and squeezed my eyes shut. No! No, he had to be okay.

He just had to. He was the only thing left in the world that made me happy. I had been sad for so long before I met him...I never wanted to go back to that. I never wanted to be without him in my life. Opening my eyes, I noticed the moonlight pooling into the small room from the window above me.

It must be really late by now, I thought to myself. Suddenly, the door swung open and a different man than before walked into the room. Striding over to me, he bent down and untied the ropes that bound me.

"What are you doing?" I croaked out, my throat dry from not speaking.

He sighed before looking up at me briefly.

"You've been summoned. The Alpha Wolf is awake and demanded to see you," he said simply as the ropes fell off of me.

I glanced up at him, my eyes wide.

"He's okay?!" I asked, trying not to let the franticness seep into my voice.

He shot me a confused look and I closed my mouth.

"He's fine but he wants you to come now." he said, agitated.

He grabbed me by my sore wrist and I winced. Dragging me out of the room, he led me through a maze of hallways. It looked to be some sort of abandoned warehouse. As we walked, we passed by a large Del Arno Foods logo on a wall. Okay, it was an abandoned food warehouse. After several minutes of walking, we finally stopped at one of the rooms.

The man opened the door and pushed me inside roughly. The room was tiny and barely furnished. All that it held was a chair, a side-table, and one bed against the far right wall. But what caught my eye was the man lying in the bed - Owen. Dark brown hair spilled over his bare chest and I tried not to blush. His shoulder was bandaged up and he had a few cuts on his face.

But otherwise, he looked to be okay. His dark brown eyes followed my every move as I walked over to the bed, sitting down gingerly beside him.

"Looks like I owe you a "thank you", little Dixon," he said, cracking a smile, "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you,"

Finally, I did blush.

"You would've done the same for me," I said, shrugging slightly.

He nodded slowly, his eyes locked onto mine.

"Yeah...I would have..." he said, his voice suddenly softer.

His cocoa-brown eyes drew me in and I felt like I could melt in their depths. Ever so slowly, I leaned closer to him, my wavy brown hair brushing across his skin. His hands reached out towards me, cupping my face in his hands. My heart pounded wildly in my chest as he lifted up slightly in the bed, his face inches from mine. And then it happened. Those plump, soft, pink lips touched mine.

I felt fireworks go off in my head and I rested my hands on his chest, his skin warm beneath my fingers. His lips glided over mine and I lost myself in his kiss. I can't believe this is happening! I thought to myself. I was finally kissing Owen! It was intoxicating and I felt breathless as my lips moved in sync with his. Finally, after what seemed an eternity, we broke apart.

He grinned at me and I beamed back at him.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" he asked, his voice soft as velvet.

His hands moved from my face down to my arms and he squeezed my hands. I shrugged nervously.

"I didn't know if you felt the same way...and I didn't always know, myself," I said, laughing at the end.

"Well, now you do," he said, pulling me to him once more, "Because I do like you, Angel Dixon,"

I grinned right before his lips crashed against mine again.

Note: I have to admit, I got excited to write this last part. They finally got together!! :D 

𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 ➳ 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐥 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें