She would still not say anything and gently leaned against Ranbir's shoulder, as her eyes began to flood.

He had never seen her like this, dispirited and lifeless. How would he comfort her? The only way known to him was humour and that was clearly not working today. Navya, to be honest had been the easiest to talk to. She wasn't typically girlish, but simple, unassuming and funny. But the Navya, he was lending his shoulders to today, was just a woman and Ranbir felt utterly under-equipped talking to her for he had never had a serious man-woman conversation ever.

She wasn't going to say anything, Ranbit figured out. He would have to get her to talk. "Acha ye batao, ki why did you come with us? Sirf Nandini ke liye ya you have someone in Delhi? Last time also we met in Delhi."

The mention of Delhi, saddened her more. "I miss Abir" she finally confessed.

"Abir kaun?"

"Mera beta"

"Use to tumne.. You have given him up for adoption na?"

"Hmm" she sighed. "Wo...I mean uske parents Delhi mein rehte hain"

Ranbir didn't know what to add. Should he console her, or should he just keep quiet and let her speak. This was a sensitive matter and he didn't want to blurt out anything, intentionally or otherwise, that could potentially hurt her.

"Har 2- 4 mahine mein I come to Delhi and chup chup ke dekhti hun Abir ko. Pata hai wo abhi 3.5 saal ka hogaya hai, aur itna cute hai ki doll ki tarah lagta hai"

"Uske parents..don't they take good care of him?" Ranbir hesitatingly asked.

"Nahi nahi, bohot khayal rakhte hain uska, unki apni ek beti hai 7 years ki, fir bhi they wanted to adopt Abir and usko khub pyaar karte hain." She said excitedly.

"So then that's good right, then why do you worry so much. He is getting the kind of upbringing jo shayad tumne uske liye socha hoga."

After a long silence, Navya uttered softly "Ma ka dil hai na, bhoolna chahoon bhi to reh reh ke uski yaad ati hai "

"Do you regret giving him up for adoption?"

"hmm shayad...pata nahi"

Ranbir adjusted the quilt, tucking in the loose ends that had slipped down Navya's shoulders.

"Kabhi kabhi life hamein options nahi deti, bas jo karna hota hai, so karna hota hai. Jab Abir is duniya mein aya to hum mushkil se 20 ke honge. Khud ko samhalte ya usko. Pata hai Ranbir, hum jahan se aye hain na, matlab patna se, wahan ghar ke mard bahar jake paisa kamate hain, aur ghar ki aurat bacche samhalti hain. Mumbai mein humein akele hi Abir ke papa aur uski ma, dono roles nibhane the, fir us chote se bacche ke liye waqt kahan se late. Kaise bara hota wo? Isiliye dil pe patthar rakhkar uske de diya aur ab tak us dard se nikal hi nahi paye. Apne hi bacche ko apne se dur bara hote dekhne ka dard kya hota hai, yeh hum lafzon mein zaahir nahi kar sakte, bas mefsoos kar sakte hain aur us dard mein har din thora aur mar sakte hain"