Chapter 20

Derek and I spent the whole day at the carnival doing nothing but acting like the kids we are. We went on every ride together. For the whole day, Derek's arm was either around my shoulders is around my waist. I actually felt like we were a real couple. I honestly wanted us to be a couple, but shook of the thought realizing that all relationships end with heartbreaks. Unless the couple dies together like in The Notebook. But that's a completely different story.

We where now walking hand-in-hand toward his car. Derek was laughing at me for almost tripping over a rock. I was scowling at him for laughing.

"It's not funny! I could have broken my neck!" I exclaimed, frowning.

Derek feigned whipping tears from his eyes. Once we had gotten to his car, his laughing stopped. "You staying at my place tonight?"

"Nah, I'm going to go to Jessica's house," I said. He nodded. I send Jessica quickly, saying "I'm coming over. We need to talk. You, me, and Sahar. This is urgent!!!"

She replied within seconds saying "You got it dude."

* * *

30 minutes later, we were in Jessica's driveway.

"You sure you don't want to stay at my place tonight?" He asked.

"I'll be fine Derek. I promise," I replied simply. He suddenly kissed my forehead, making my heart skip a beat.

"Be safe," He said.

"Will do," I said, hopping out his car. I quickly walked to the door before ringing the doorbell, I waved and opened the door-Jessica and her family tends to forget to lock the door- Sahar and Jessica, who was sitting on the couch, looked up.

"I-I think I'm in love with Derek," I stated.