Chapter 18

"Maybe he's sleeping?" I suggested as we got out the car. Derek shrugged.

"Just get in quick. I'll meet you out here in five minutes. If you’re not out in 10 minutes, I'm going inside," Derek said firmly. I nodded and made my way toward the house. I got the key that was under the welcome mat; I scurried inside, changed clothes and quickly left the house, unnoticed. I let out a breath of relief and shut the door, only for it to open again.

"Where have you been?" Dad asked. His tone was calm, but his eyes filled with rage.

"I-i-i-i-" My comment was cut off by a burning sensation from my cheek. Tears filled my eyes as I put my hand on my cheek. I looked back, to see if Derek had left and frowned seeing that he was marching toward my dad and I, looking murderously angry.

"Get out of here Derek!" My dad suddenly shouted. Derek, who was now by my side, slammed his fist against my dad's face. I heard a bone chilling crack and screamed.

"That's for hitting your own daughter," Derek said, his jaw clenched. As my dad stood up, Derek grabbed my wrist, and practically dragged me away.

"DON'T COME BACK HERE! EVER AGAIN!" My dad shouted. "SO YOU HEAR ME DEREK? I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU’RE FACE AGAIN! MADDY, WE'LL TALK WHEN YOU GET HOME. YOU ARE SO GROUNDED!"

"KISS MY WHITE ASS!" Was Derek's reply as he sped away from my house.