Chapter 8

The car ride to the unknown location was silent, except for the music floating in the background. For most people it might have been awkward, but for Derek and I, it was actually a bit relaxing. Within 5 minutes, we arrived at the park Derek and I would go to when we were younger. I immediately walked to the swing sets. Derek trailed along behind me. I sat on a swing set and began swinging as Derek examined me.

"What's up?" I asked.

"How'd you feel about fake dating for... a bit longer?" Derek asked.

Frowning I asked "Why?" He dug into his back pockets before pulling out notes. I stopped swinging and Derek placed the notes in my lap.

I read one aloud. "Derek, you are so freaking sexy. Will you go to the dance with me?" 

"Oh course Maddy Darling!" Derek said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and read another out loud. 

"Derek, meet me in the janitor's closet for some fun." I read.

"Here read this one," Derek said handing me another note.

"Derek I want to- Oh good god! This like freaking porn in a note!" I exclaimed making a face.

"My point exactly. So... could you pretend to be my girlfriend a bit longer so possibly the girls will get that I'm not interested?" Derek asked giving me the puppy-dog look.

"How long Derek?" I asked.

"Until graduation...?" Derek said.

"No PDA," I said.

"Please do anything?" Derek asked. "Personal digital assistant? Patent ductusarteriosus?"

"Public display of affection," I corrected, rolling my eyes.

"Wouldn't that be PDOA?" Derek asked.

"Derek?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

Derek chuckled and slid his arm around my waist. "What? You don't like my smart ass side?"

"No," I said simply.

"Bitch," Derek mumbled.

"Thanks you," I said

"What...?" Derek asked staring at me blankly.

"B.I.T.C.H. Babe. In. Total. Control. Of. Herself," I said simply.

"Wouldn't that be bitcoh?" Derek asked.

"Derek?"

"Shut up...?"

"You got it."