Chapter 7

• Dedicated to Sahar (yes, she's a real person)

Derek and I were walking down the hall, his arm around my waist. Apparently, he wanted the whole school to think we were a couple. Why? I don't know. I'm just happy he stopped kissing me like he had done in the cafeteria. Around us, whispers erupted in the hall. I felt uncomfortable with just about everyone's eyes glued on Derek and I. As if Derek could tell that I was uncomfortable, he led me into the girls' bathroom. Two girls who where applying makeup on, froze once they say Derek. One turned around and smirked the other one left.

"Derek, can you read? This is the girl's bathroom," She said, eyeing me then frowning in disgust. She turned her attention back to Derek and waited for him to apply.

"I need to talk to my girlfriend. Alone," Derek said with his jaw clenched. She froze.

"Girlfriend!?" She screeched.

"Yes, she's my girlfriend," Derek said. "Now can you please leave? I need to walk to her in private."

"No," She said. Derek rolled his eyes and grabbed my wrist and dragged me out the bathroom. Clenching me tightly, we made our way through the crowd of people, hand in hand. In a blink of an eye, we were in the parking lot.

"Where are we going?" I asked Derek.

"Remember the park we used to go to when we were younger?" Derek asked. I nodded. "We're going there to talk."

"I can't ditch school!" I exclaimed.

"You'll live," Derek said as he opened the door for me. "Now get in before I force you to."