Chapter Forty-Six

Start from the beginning

Love was now replaced with hatred.

A stone - cold hatred, at that one. People also say that you can't actually hate anything or anyone. Who were they to tell me how I felt though? I knew what I knew. And I knew that I now hated Serena. Nothing was going to change that feeling after today either.

It had to be done. That fight had to be done. Even though we both caused our teammates to lose in the end. It helped us gain a new light towards one another. We spoke what we felt.

And I felt nothing but relief.

~

The next day, was the big day.

Everyone had been awaiting this game for the longest time. The people around the bash were boasting about it. Making their bets on which team was going to win and who were going to flop. It was the football game. The make or break moment for South and North Lakeview.

"So you all are really not dancing?" Colton asked me again. I don't know how many times I answered this question when he asked. One thousand? Give or take a few? Let's just know that it was enough to make me groan out in frustration. "Okay. Okay. Don't have a complex."

He squeezed onto my hand that was entwined with his own while we continued to make our way down to the football field arena. There were groups of people chattering away with excite around us as they were heading the same way we were walking. At least they had something to look forward too.

The dance team danced at every football game to our fight songs, band chants, and halftime performances. Not today though. All dance team members had to sit on the bleachers and watch. I wasn't fond of actually having to sit the whole time and watch the game because I was used to moving around and getting the crowd pumped. Now, I actually had to force myself to pay attention since there was nothing else to do.

"I can tell you're clearly not happy," Colton chuckled out. If he were any other male specimen, he would've been kneed in the balls and on the ground in pain in a hot second. But he's my boyfriend. So I must refrain ... for now.

I rolled my eyes, then looked at him. "You don't say?" I spoke sarcastically. "The first time I actually have to stay stationary. Colton, I'm a genuinely lazy person so you would think not moving would be fun for me but it isn't. I really wanted to dance."

Yeah, I really did.

"Princess, I completely get it. I wouldn't even be able to imagine what I would do if Coach had told me that I would be sitting out this game because I was late to practice again yesterday --- "

"You're not though. Meaning you can't relate to the problem." I said.

He nodded his head. "You're right. Dance isn't completely out of the picture. It's just for now but when we get back home, you can dance your ass off and hopefully I'll be there to see it in the process."

Great, now I'm blushing.

I ignored his comment about my ass and we began talking aimlessly about stupid stuff like we always did until we entered the arena and we had to part ways. Now, I really don't want to sound like a clingy girlfriend because I swear those bitches sound so annoying but I didn't want him to leave me.

He's the quarterback. Yeah, I know that.

The whole freaking planet knows that he is the one that North Lakeview is counting on to lead them to success. I get that. I really do but as his girlfriend I had a right to pout whenever I had to leave him. When he walked into their locker room, I looked through the crowd to try and find my dance team anywhere.