Chapter 11: Getting Settled

[Authors note: Sorry for a short update. It's mainly about the design of their new apartment. If you have enjoyed so far, please vote for this and comment something. Love all of you guys and hope you enjoy]

Chapter 11: Getting Settled

Marzia woke up to see a tall man with a ski mask by her bed. Quickly grabbing her, the man pulled her out of bed and onto the floor. Felix was no where to be found.

The man tied her up and dragged her out into his van. He kept speaking, but it was in Swedish and she could not understand it. "Du är jävlar fit" the man said with a strong accent.

Marzia was to scared to say anything. She stayed in a tiny ball hoping he wouldn't hit her. Just as she thought that, she felt her body fly through the air and hit a hard surface. Other voices started talking, as she realized she was in the back of the van with a couple other men.

The voices starting taunting her and soon started kicking her. She felt her side and face bruising up from the kicks of the Swedish men. It felt like the beatings lasted for hours until one of the men yelled an order.

Out of the corner of her eye, Marzia saw one of the men pull out an army knife. As soon as the man pressed the blade against Marzia's arm she opened her eyes and found herself in their newly acquired bedroom.

Shaking, she turned around to see Felix sat up in bed looking at her.

"Marzia you okay?" Felix said seeing only terror in her eyes.

As soon as Felix asked, she collapsed and staring bawling. "It.. It... was a bad dream. These men stole me and we're kicking me... They were going to kill me."

Felix sat in shock as he stared at his girlfriend shaking. "Marzia it's going to be okay, you're here with me, nothing will happen". As she was still crying and slouched over onto his shoulder, he rubbed her back. For some reason it always calmed her down.

Felix, who was holding her in his arms, told her that he would be right back. He got up and walked into their new kitchen, making the first breakfast he would have in his new apartment. He made pancakes and poured orange juice, then brought it to Marzia who was still in bed.

She stopped crying, but Felix was still worried. "You okay princess?"

Marzia smiled "yea, I feel a little better, but I was just scared, that's all."

Felix and Marzia watched videos while Marzia finished her breakfast. After breakfast, the two would set up everything in their apartment and go shopping for the finishing items.

"What room are we setting up first?" Marzia said in between chewing.

"I was thinking that we empty out the boxes, then set up the living room. After that we can set up the bedrooms, then dining, bath and laundry room."

"Before we set up, could we go shopping first?" said Marzia as she took her plate to the sink.

Felix agreed with the idea. "Alright, sounds good!" ___________________________

After their morning routine, the two walked to Felix's parent's house to get a car. No one was home, but Felix's car was in the driveway. Marzia hopped in and Felix drove to the nearest furniture store.

Felix was in charge of the furniture, while Marzia was in charge of the decor items. They both had a list of the colors that each room would have.

Felix looked around and quickly found shelves, a washing machine, a dryer, a towel rack, a vanity for Marzia, a dining table set, a coffee table, night stands, and a couple dressers.

Marzia got shower curtains, nice towels, shower mats, a couple lamps, new dishes, drink coasters, new blankets and a mirror.

After filling their carts up, they checked out and brought everything home.

___________________________

Once the job of unloading was done, Felix immediately started putting together the furniture they had bought.

Putting together one of the shelves first, he put it in the corner of the living room, planning to put items on it later.

The coffee table was also built and put in the living room.

After Felix finished the living room furniture, he put together the vanity and let Marzia take over. She knew how to make a room look really nice.

Room by room Felix and Marzia put in furniture until the house was furnished. The boxes in the living room were the only things to put in place.

Felix unpacked the boxes and put everything into place. The living room shelves were filled with photos and trinkets while the coffee table had coasters resting on it.

Felix's gaming room had 2 dressers with all of his clothes and his desk where his set up was. In the corner he had a green bean bag chair to edit on.

The dining room had a nice table with matching chairs and a lamp. Place mats and newly bought plates sat on top of the wooden table.

The bathroom looked fresh with new curtains and new towels hanging from the side of the door. Soft fluffy mats sat right outside the tub and the toilet had a cushiony toilet seat.

The last room was their bedroom, but Felix let Marzia have all of the space. Her vanity was on the side with all her make up and the bed sat in the corner. Lamps sitting on the side tables lit up the room and a shelf placed in the opposite corner held the box she brought with her. A couple dressers stood by the door, filled with only a few outfits that Marzia had brought. The room couldn't have looked nicer, and Marzia looked happier than ever.

"Tomorrow we can go to the store and get our electronics and appliances" Felix said looking at Marzia.

"Okay, sounds lovely"

___________________________

After a hard day of work, their be apartment was spotless and new. The only things missing were electronics and appliances.

Following dinner they settled down to watch videos until they fell asleep. Felix held Marzia tight, hoping she wouldn't have bad dreams again. It was the worse feeling ever to see her in pain. He wouldn't allow it again.