My father is a business mogul like Luke and Carter's father but where as his comes home to make time for his family, my father does not. I can count on one hand how many times I have seen my father since I was 10 years old. He was always busy doing something for his company that he never had time for me. And when I did see him he spent most of his time telling me how I was going to take over after him and random shit about the company. My mother was the same way.

Both of them ran G&G. A business that did everything from roadwork to construction. If an interstate needed repaving you hired my parents company and they would do it. Same goes for building hotels or something, you need material the company provides it. Being in a big city like New York you can imagine how well they do when everything is always under construction.

When my parents want to be parents they can be pretty great. Like the summer before Sophomore year. They took me all around Europe for 3 months and it was amazing. We saw a lot and I never felt closer to my family even if they did work most of the time we were gone. The was the last trip I have gone on with my parents. Ever since then they have been too busy and I decided I was too. I pushed myself into all the sports high school offered and kept myself busy with girls and parties.

The last straw I had with my parents was my graduation. Unlike every bodies parents mine weren't there to congratulate me. Instead I had the Miller's there as my family. My so called parents suddenly had to jet off to Spain that morning so they couldn't be there. Of course though they said they were sorry with a brand new car for me.

I was beyond hurt and pissed that after that I wouldn't accept their calls unless I really needed too and I spent their money. If they weren't going to be my parents I was going to spend their money they are work so much for. It was fair trade to me.

The Miller's were more my family than my own. It was sad but I have gotten use to it. I couldn't have asked for a better family to take me in and treat me like their own kid. I owed them a lot especially Luke. He knew how much it hurt me that my parents basically abandoned me and always tried to cheer me up. He kept me occupied with sports and always made sure I was included in his family events. Every Christmas I would spend the night at their house so in the morning all of us could run downstairs on Christmas morning to see what Santa Clause brought us.

Even now at 21 I rarely heard from my parents, the only time they called was to apologize for missing my birthday or some holiday, coming up with a pathetic excuse as to why they couldn't come. Over the years I have come to expect that from them and most of the time I didn't even answer the call.

The day I really fell for Amy was the day my mom called me and went on about the company and how she wished I was there with them in London. She even said that she wanted to fly me out for the holidays to be with them. I knew what she was saying was jus formalities. What she really meant was 'your father and I are having a good time. While we do love you we don't want to be around you for the holidays so stay in New York please.'

That day I lost it and ended up throwing my cellphone at the wall. I was so angry and hurt that I practically ran to Amy's dorm room to see her. After sleeping with her she got me to open up about what was wrong. I spilled everything about my parents and how much I hated them. She never once judged me or told me I would regret what I was saying. Instead she let me go on about it and even threw in a few 'fuck them' as I talked. She didn't give me any sympathy and I liked that. I didn't want anyone's pity.

It was then that I noticed she amazing. She was someone I could actually see spending my life with. She didn't tip toe around my feelings and she knew what she wanted. That take charge attitude is what got me.

"You ready to go?" Amy broke my out of my thoughts, making me blink at her stupidly.

"Uh yeah. I'm ready." I cleared my throat. Before we left my dorm I pulled her into a deep kiss. Pulling away with a grin I grabbed her hand and tugged her after me.